Net Tractor Talk

Go Back   Net Tractor Talk > Prospective Buyer Forums > Tractor Selection Forum

Tractor Selection Forum Do you need help with figuring out what size or type of tractor you need? Ask your questions right here.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:49 PM

tlk is on a distinguished road
Default Best value for the money?

I realize there are a million opinions but if someone is looking for a tractor to use in south texas to shred miles of grass on senderos, what brand and model is best for the job. Will foam the tires.

Also will want other implements for job use - box blade, bucket, etc. So looking for a package type deal - Kubota? John Deere? Mahindra?
Old 08-13-2015, 08:26 AM

bczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nice

As for dealers, are those 3 your options (dealerships in your area)?

Sounds like you're going to have a lot of seat time. I'd start by sitting in as many as possible (that fit your needs) and see what feels right ergonomically and comfort.

I'd also talk to the different departments within the dealership (sales, parts, service) and get a feel for how they treat the customer. Some parts and service departments basically suck and you probably won't want to deal with them in the future.

How's their process and charges if they need to come get your tractor for servicing?

Quality wise, I'd put the Deere and Kubota higher than the Mahindra. If you're looking at Mahindra, do you have Kioti available as well? Kioti has some pretty decent tractors in terms of bang for your buck.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:47 AM

bordercollie is on a distinguished road

How many hp are you looking at? do you want a cab and a/c? Are you a farmer on your tax returns? If so you can depreciate it.
My b i l bought 2 JD, a 6250 a few weeks ago and a 6125 last year . They are very quiet running compared to our old ones. JD had a special promo running and still may have it. Kubota is their biggest up and coming competition from what I hear. The older tractor we sold a 7420, went to Wisconsin and was 50 grand. The new one was about 69.. weird huh.