Factory trained tech's ?

CKing

Does Kubota have levels of trained tech's, I didn't see any plaques with names of certified techs at my dealership and the shop looked less equipped than my garage?

Lee1935

A lot of dealers started out as small repair shops, plus many large tractor dealers started carrying 4 wheelers and side by sides because their customers expressed a interest.

Kubota does does have traveling tech people that visit the dealers.

With all of that, Kubota problems with their transmission is asinine, hydrostactic Tranies have been sending big and small rigs down the road for over sixty years ☺☺

CKing

That's interesting, but not an answer. When I visit my Ford the tech's names pics and cert are on display. I would like to know that somebody actually had factory training, because after reading my WSM, your sure can't diagnose a problem because it doesn't have any real troubleshoot charts, and bad grammar makes sections unreadable. I buy a shop manual for all my vehicles and I insist on talking to my mechanic and they need to know more than I do. The horror stories about the quality of service received these days, and my own personal experience with lying dealers make vehicle repair a nightmare

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I ran a shop for a couple of years, some manufacturers put on schools in the winter but they were mostly classes about what’s new this year and problems, service Bullitins.
The mechanics are expected to know how to fix most things already!
When we had trouble or were really stumped you could call the manufacturer or distributor and get assistance from a service tech. Most good shops have at least one person that has seen it all and can fix anything.

CKing

Did you run Kubota shop?

Does Kubota offer training classes and certify techs?

I admit there is nothing high tech on my Kubota, the most obvious part that could use some expertise is the HST. But it would be nice to know that you tech has at least a grasp on the principles involved, and had somebody train them on diagnoses. I was just reading a thread on somebody paying $85 a hour while they guess on parts swapping and still have not fixed it on three attempts.

ovrszd

The more technical equipment gets, the more the tech has to rely on computerized answers to problems. If it works, the customer is highly impressed. If it doesn't the customer is left wondering why they are just throwing parts at it.

In almost all situations if the owner was involved at every step they would agree to "throw" that part and see what happens. :(

CKing

Asking the owner what to do is no help in fixing it. You want a tech that says I know whats wrong and I've fixed that before. You don't want to pay while tech says I'll try, maybe I'll the call factory.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Did you run Kubota shop?

Does Kubota offer training classes and certify techs?

I admit there is nothing high tech on my Kubota, the most obvious part that could use some expertise is the HST. But it would be nice to know that you tech has at least a grasp on the principles involved, and had somebody train them on diagnoses. I was just reading a thread on somebody paying $85 a hour while they guess on parts swapping and still have not fixed it on three attempts.

I was a service manager for a ope dealer. Mostly toro, stihl, echo, scag, Honda, briggs etc...
I also can argue that there is a lot of “high tech” stuff with your buggy, and especially with the hydro system.
I can’t speak for Kubota but as far as I know there is no factory training. If there was any kind of test to pass or certification It was typically on new stuff new problems and mostly for warranty purposes in other words if your mechanic passed the test after the class you would get a full warranty labor rate when filing claims.

Your Ford dealer probably sent the techs through eight hour class That explains to them how ford works Ie warranty claims etc. But if their picture on the wall makes you feel happy :)

It is really hard to find good help it is hard to find good mechanics these days. Dealers can’t afford to send mechanics to school in six months they might be working at another dealership Or their head might swell up and they might want more money truth of the matter is out of that $85 an hour the mechanics probably getting paid 15 to 20

CKing

With Ford they send out self paced video's with interactive exams, dealer pays them for passing. On the expensive stuff like voodoo engine 5.2L 526hp 8200rpm they won't let dealers touch them, Regional tech inspects the engine if bad they drop the front clip out with engine for a sealed replacement, old one goes back and nobody ever finds out what happen. The shop manual for GT350 is amazing and so is the car multiple databuss and processors. Extensive troubleshooting if the tech is smart enough. To sell a Shelby the dealer is charged $1500 and a tech has to complete 30 hours of training. That's just so he can learn to setup a new delivery, and do maintenance. Now I still hear horror stories of disastrous episodes from letting untrained work on the car.

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well this isn’t tractors but I am in the heating and air conditioning business. Our techs have to take classes on the products of the manufacturer we sell. We get credits for each class. Most are held remotely and they have to go and spend a day sometimes two. Some are done online. Some are done by other organizations and we turn then classes into our manufacture. We get credits for all. If we don’t get enough credits for our size company our rights to say we are Factory Authorized will be taken away from us. We also lose advertising coop dollars. Most of all we loose our buying power. We are better off for doing it.

CKing

Sadly I don't think Kubota is participating in kind of encouragement in fact we've heard about nothing accept phone support.