Net Tractor Talk

Go Back   Net Tractor Talk > Brand Specific Forums > Other Brands Forum (TYM Tractors, Cub Cadet, Craftsman, Simplicity etc.)

Other Brands Forum (TYM Tractors, Cub Cadet, Craftsman, Simplicity etc.) TYM, Tractors, Cub Cadet, Century, Craftsman, Simplicity etc.... With enough activity, any brand can become a forum. Show the activity here.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:38 PM

ericbellville is on a distinguished road
Default NEW LS TRACTORS

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE OWNS OR KNOWS ANYONE THAT HAS BROUGHT ONE OF THE NEW LS TRACTORS WHAT THEY THINK OF THEM
Old 07-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Super Site Supporter

ki0ho is on a distinguished road
Style: Default Style

Please enlighten an old fart.......What is an LS tractor, made by who ect Jerry
Old 07-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

OhioTC18 will become famous soon enoughOhioTC18 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki0ho View Post
What is an LS tractor
LS is a fairly new entry in the US, made in South Korea. In fact New Holland will be selling LS made compacts in the near future.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:46 PM

shvl73 is on a distinguished road

LS is the former LG, who made (make?) many Montana tractors and some for other manufacturers. They've been in the US for awhile, just as a tractor marketed under other brands. I had tried one in 2003 branded as a Farmtrac, it was nice but my Mahindra was at a closer dealer.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:29 PM

LETHAL GTS will become famous soon enoughLETHAL GTS will become famous soon enough

Tractors have been sold under GoldStar, Fiat-GoldStar, LG, LG-Fiat, LG-New Holland, LS and LS-New Holland names in South Korea. In North America, they have been sold as LG Montana, Montana, Farmtrac LandTrac, LongAgri LandTrac, McCormick Tractors and Landini.
Whew....now I can take a breath...
Montana, to my knowledge, has just been phased out and replaced by LS. We have a local dealer who sells these. Their salesman use to work here and their main tech is a guy we let go because of his shotty work.
Their tech started showing up here around January looking for parts for the Montana's stating that they could no longer gets parts from Montana and were told by the manufacture to source the parts locally from wherever they could find them and then they would be reimbursed.
Take it for what it is worth, this is my first hand experience. I was standing at the parts counter involved in the conversation.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:52 PM

billbob is on a distinguished road
Default LS Tractor

I bought a LS 7010 about 1 month ago. LS stands for Lasting Solutions. South Korean company, large conglomerate started out as LG Cable in 1962 got into the agricultural business in the late 60s early 70s, owns KLM, Fiat, Landini, McCormmick. 72HP, 63HP on the PTO, 4 x 4, heated cab, AC. Engine is Iveco (Fiat), 20 gears forward, 20 gears reverse, shuttle shift, heavy loader with 6 1/2 foot bucket (convinced the dealer to give me a 7 foot bucket) Mechanic told me that the engine is the same one they put in the 90HP tractors, they just turn the pump down. Told me that if I want more HP he'll just turn the pump up. Tractor works great! 3 feet of snow here and the tractor chews through it. Only faults I can find so far is that there is no heater vents on the rear window so it frosts up quick. (not a good thing when you're blowing snow!) The creeper gear shift is right where you want to put your left heel and the emergency brake lever is right where you want to put your right heel. If they moved both back 6" then the floor would be clear. Back wheel base is 6 1/2', front wheel base is 7'. I'll have to set the front wheels in this summer when I go to plough ground. All in all it's a good tractor and the dealer is very easy to deal with.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. Glad you found us here. Nice to see a review of the LS 7010. Sounds like you're happy with it. Hope to hear more about it as you get more time to use it.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:49 AM

LETHAL GTS will become famous soon enoughLETHAL GTS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbob View Post
I bought a LS 7010 about 1 month ago. LS stands for Lasting Solutions. South Korean company, large conglomerate started out as LG Cable in 1962 got into the agricultural business in the late 60s early 70s, owns KLM, Fiat, Landini, McCormmick. 72HP, 63HP on the PTO, 4 x 4, heated cab, AC. Engine is Iveco (Fiat), 20 gears forward, 20 gears reverse, shuttle shift, heavy loader with 6 1/2 foot bucket (convinced the dealer to give me a 7 foot bucket) Mechanic told me that the engine is the same one they put in the 90HP tractors, they just turn the pump down. Told me that if I want more HP he'll just turn the pump up. Tractor works great! 3 feet of snow here and the tractor chews through it. Only faults I can find so far is that there is no heater vents on the rear window so it frosts up quick. (not a good thing when you're blowing snow!) The creeper gear shift is right where you want to put your left heel and the emergency brake lever is right where you want to put your right heel. If they moved both back 6" then the floor would be clear. Back wheel base is 6 1/2', front wheel base is 7'. I'll have to set the front wheels in this summer when I go to plough ground. All in all it's a good tractor and the dealer is very easy to deal with.
Welcome and good luck.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:40 PM

EastTexFrank is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbob View Post
I think that just about covers it.

Welcome. Stick around. I think you'll be useful here.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexFrank View Post
I think that just about covers it.

Welcome. Stick around. I think you'll be useful here.
Thanks. Now I can tell my wife "see you're wrong, I am useful!"

Bill
Old 01-26-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETHAL GTS View Post
Welcome and good luck.
Thanks much!

Bill
Old 01-26-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioTC18 View Post
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. Glad you found us here. Nice to see a review of the LS 7010. Sounds like you're happy with it. Hope to hear more about it as you get more time to use it.
Thank you

Bill
Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 PM

Red Beard is on a distinguished road

Anyone have any feedback on the LS R series tractors?
Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 PM

Got 100 hours on my 1s 7010. Just finished mowing 8 acres of pasture. Tractor is working great but the 3 point hitch lever is stiff as heck.
Any ideas on how to loosen it up?
Old 11-04-2011, 08:49 PM

Bluejay is on a distinguished road

Yes I have a new R4047 so far very nice runs smooth and sold built. I trying to find a filter list so far no one has a listing for my tractor or don't even know what a LS tractor is.

John
Old 11-04-2011, 11:00 PM

dodger454 is on a distinguished road

I have a one month old LS 3033 FEL BH only 10 hrs so far.I think it was the best tractor for the money.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:54 PM

milkgoats is on a distinguished road
Default I have a new LS J2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger454 View Post
I have a one month old LS 3033 FEL BH only 10 hrs so far.I think it was the best tractor for the money.
I recently purchased a J2030H with FEL. I used it to bush-hog my 2A of pasture. The PTO shaft got too hot to disconnect without gloves. In the past I have used my '46-2N and the shaft was never hot.

Any ideas??? Thanks.

BTW -- LS is "Leading Solutions"
Old 06-17-2013, 06:21 PM
Chief Bottle Washer / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

Did you check the fluids? My guess: Something must be low and causing heat to build up.

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Boat Talk Forums +++ Net Cooking Talk Forums +++ Net Car Stop <<< It's Back
Old 06-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

I've heard the Hydrostat produces a little more heat than a gear tractor. So check the fluids as Doc suggested and make sure the u-joint on the PTO shaft is well greased.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:50 PM

milkgoats is on a distinguished road

thanks - the u-joints may need a little grease, but then they are no different than when I used the 2N. I did check the transmission fluid. So clean (the tractor only has 5 hours) that it was hard to see, but a piece of tissue found it. It was filled to the line. thanks again. My dealer says that the J2030H isn't enough tractor for a 5' BH.