Net Tractor Talk

Go Back   Net Tractor Talk > Other Equipment Forums > Outdoor & Lawn equipment. Chainsaws, trimmers, blowers, baggers, mowers... Forum

Outdoor & Lawn equipment. Chainsaws, trimmers, blowers, baggers, mowers... Forum Lawn and Garden equipment, Push mowers, weed wackers & misc lawn equipment.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 AM

2old2shovel is on a distinguished road
Default Gravely Hydro Pro Hydraulics

I picked up an old Gravely Hydro Pro and the hydraulics are giving me fits. When I first got the machine it was pretty messed up. I have most of the problems fixed and it was doing pretty well. It cuts real well and the engine seems solid.
The ground drive has always been a little hinky when you first started it up but after a few minutes it settled down. The other day was the first time I used it to cut the whole property and after I thought I would adjust the lever on the hand grip to try to bring it closer.
No problem, I thought. Just back the rods out of the coupling a couple of turns. Two hours later I found myself trying to get the speed back and get reverse back.
As it stands right now, I have reverse, I lost the speed and it doesn't want to go up a grade.
All of that from a simple adjustment. What I did find is that if I take my hand of the grip and actually force the hand lever down on both sides, the speed will increase some.
I put new, stronger springs on which helped somewhat.
PLEASE, anybody out there with Gravely Hydraulics experience? I don't even know what model this thing is because the ID plate has been removed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC10508 (Small).JPG (65.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg SDC10506 (Small).JPG (67.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg SDC10505 (Small).JPG (62.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg SDC10507 (Small).JPG (71.6 KB, 14 views)