Upgrade to 2017

Rogerwh0

So, I have a 2010 1100 that I have a turbo kit on and it runs great. I guess boredom is setting in and am wanting to have a new machine. So my question is this, has anyone updated from an '10 to a '17. Is there any noticeable difference in the drive train, transmission or ride? I will be doing a turbo kit if I do get a new one. I really want the roll down windows i guess is the driving force for me. Many thanks for any input.

Fordman

Site Supporter
We have a 2017 x1100c & love it ! Rides great & extra ground clearance is so welcome

ovrszd

Roger I believe the newer machines are two speed rather than the older three speed. Would be great if you can get a poster here that's owned both.

Same would apply to leaf spring version versus IRS.

Look forward to comments.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I have both. my 1100 is not a turbo though. ask away:17875: i should say though that my X1100C is a 2014 not a 2017 nut i think they are the same same

ovrszd

I have both. my 1100 is not a turbo though. ask away:17875: i should say though that my X1100C is a 2014 not a 2017 nut i think they are the same same

Can you describe the differences between your older 1100 and the newer model in regards to mechanical differences? Assuming one is leaf spring rear and the other is IRS? Assuming one is 3 speed, other is 2 speed?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I really like my 2007 1100cw,the cab is quieter and i like the bench seat and cab layout better than my X1100. i like the larger bed on the 2007. i think i should try and put a set of doors off of an X1100c on my older one so i could have roll up windows. i think they would be a direct fit.

on the X1100c i like the IRS very well but i wish the bed was the same as the 2007. the two speed is just fine and probably a better tranny than the old one. the cab is more jeep like ans is comfortable but just a tick on the negative from the older one. NOW FOR THE BIG DIFFERENCE>> the X1100c has a by far superior cooling system and also has a hydraulic cooler too<<<.

In my opinion if i just had one and it was the older 1100 and i was pleased with it i would try the door exchange and be happy until i had some mechanical reason to change. I think the real bargain in used RTV is the old model 1100. Darn nice machine!!!