Rear Bumper for RTV-X11xx??

CKing

So I backed into something the other day, so I've scene the bumper that connects to the dump bed pivot and floor. Comments? Any others?

ovrszd

I've got a couple tailgate dents from bumping into things. I studied the idea of building a bumper but couldn't get around the dumping part. I didn't like the idea of fastening to the bed. Curious to see any solutions.

1HOTDJ

T Bar in the receiver hitch. Make it long enough so it protects the rear of the RTV and only needs to be about 3 ft wide. As it comes out of the hitch you may want to angle it up to prevent it from catching the ground as you drive thru dips.

ovrszd

Yep, that was my plan too. But to place it rearward far enough and low enough to let the bed dump with the tailgate open it would severely limit the departure angle. :(

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I have been hunting a good rear bumper . found a couple one That fits perfect application, but it blocks the tail lights .
1603658178985.png
Wish some one made one like the one on this kawasaki., Looks nice and has light for work or backup.
I suppose could mod it to fit anything ?
1603657939397.png

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
No need for a fancy bumper. Just get one of these. :yum:

Attachments

• sjm-l-arleenslide-06xx-5.jpg
    sjm-l-arleenslide-06xx-5.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 10

charliew

Site Supporter
I have been hunting a good rear bumper . found a couple one That fits perfect application, but it blocks the tail lights .
View attachment 12473
Wish some one made one like the one on this kawasaki., Looks nice and has light for work or backup.
I suppose could mod it to fit anything ?
View attachment 12471
I have the top one on a x1140 rtv and it only blocks the tl if you are following in a pretty tall truck. I have already bent mine one one corner and had to sorta straighten it. It bent at the top mounting bolt and down under a little. The worst part was my wifes camry hood. I really did not like the brackets to move the lights very much.