RTV900- Idle Adjustment?

quid_non

For some unknown reason the 'bota started idling faster. Not sure why but it is noticeable. I have searched the forum and service manual to find what screws and their location to turn to remedy this but was unable to get the information - likely I an not using the right search terms. Would appreciate any help or links.
Thanks!:17875:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'd also make sure that the cable is moving freely from the foot pedal up. I know the chances are slim but worth checking. good luck, bordercollie

quid_non

Thanks Collie! I did check that after your suggestion and as far as I can tell there is no apparent binding - moves freely and nothing hung up. I'll continue to look...

quid_non

RTV900_accel_cable_2.jpg

Looks like the accelerator cable (red arrow, part # 180 in the attached schematic) is not fully releasing the attached link. The accel cable is attached to the linkage (green arrow in schematic). That linkage has a zerk (grease ) fitting on it to allow movement. Wondering if the linkage is frozen or stuck? Will grease this and see what happens. WOW the interaction between the fuel pedal and the transmission is complicated...

RTV900_accel_link_pic2.jpg - -It appears that the "linkage" the accelerator cable attaches to is not fully extending ?? (see yellow arrow in attached pic). This picture was take from the passenger side.

Can someone take a look at their linkage and let me know if they see a similar "binding" on the thing attached to the zerk fitting linkage?

Thanks

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The linkage, with the green arrow ( in your nice diagram :) ) could have some rust in there if it hasn't been greased. That happened to my bil's 4 wheeler causing the brake to drag. I took some pictures of mine but they didn't turn out too well. I'll post the ones that did though. Good luck . bordercollie

edit, I'll try again tomorrow on the rear part. They are always greased on mine and will rattle if not greased often.

Attachments

• KIMG0047.jpg
    KIMG0047.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 1517348711474.jpg
    1517348711474.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 62
  • KIMG0046.jpg
    KIMG0046.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 61

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I finally got the cargo bed relieved of the wire spinner and so could raise the bed. Here are the pictures of the other end of cable . finally. bordercollie

Attachments

• KIMG0007.jpg
    KIMG0007.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 36
  • KIMG0008.jpg
    KIMG0008.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 35
  • KIMG0009.jpg
    KIMG0009.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 35

Lee1935

I adjusted mine with just a hair of slack at idle, I do have the hand throttle kit which is adjusted just a hair tighter. Mine will do 23-24 on the level, however if I use just the hand throttle the old girl will do 25-26.