RTV 900. 2006 model

Well its been all winter for the most part but I finally have my Kubota buggy back home. When it's all said and done, I have a used tranny housing with all new parts inside. Here are some of the things that caused this repair to take so long.

1) Small shop with only a few mechanics on hand (maybe no experience on RTV's)
2) The young man that worked on mine said this was his first RTV. ( My luck)
3) Due to this it was clear to me that part swapping would be taking place but not
charging for all the crazy hours.
4) Used a used tranny housing, had to remove it from a older machine....
5) Several parts were installed only to open it all back up to replace parts that were
actually wrong for this machine.

Cody, the young mechanic that worked on my machine actually tried really hard to do a good job. He stayed in touch with me by phone and tried his best to keep the price down. I didn't come off on him cause I think Cody was doing his best, working with what they gave him.
If I would have agreed they could have installed a new tranny for a price of around $6500 by going the route they took it cost me $3700. Will it last and not give me any trouble we shall see.....I copied the invoice for you can see what all took place....it's still a lot of money....

Kurt

Attachments

• Kubota buggy repairs.pdf
    282.3 KB · Views: 25

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Not really sure what to say. Sounds like a tough situation, Ive been on both sides of your scenario, you could have made it a lot worse on those guys but due to your patience and perseverance your buggy was fixed and hopefully everyone learned something! That said, if it gives a hint of trouble Id take it up in the middle of the night and park it clear up against their front door!

Hopefully everything works out and yes if things start to go bad with the new tranny it will be at there front door first thing in the morning. I have to stay positive...no more money!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good luck. Hoping she gives you years of trouble free service.

I looked back but could not verify. Were you the guy that got the RTV very cheap? If so you still have less in yours than you could buy an 06 RTV for. Best wishes.

Yes I bought this 06 RTV for $400. Actually it's been a very good machine the problem with the transmission was my fault due to water damage. I should have changed the oil directly after the Great Flood of S/E Louisiana 2016

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
sounds like you did pretty good. i checked around and the cheapest USED transmission i could find was around 2000 dollars. you have basically a new tranny remember to change the filter at 10 and the oil at 50 hours for it's first break in.

Aurthuritis thanks for the heads up on changing the oil....I'll try to stay ahead of my scheduling and maybe the RTV life will be a little more friendlier to me.