Pros and Cons

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This list will be added to as time goes on but just thought I'd start one as less than a 3 month owner. As the former owner of 2 basically trouble free RTV 900's and over 8000 hours of seat time, that's what I have to compare to- besides the old 4x4 truck before even before that . (first rtv purchased in Feb of 2005, second in Aug of 2011. )
Please feel free to add to the list.
Tires are everything... worksite tires on former machines performed poorly in my muddy situations and aggravated me much - add mud grips += different level of performance .10+ equals a great machine
Same with the Roxor- I was about ready to roll it off the bridge but then add mud star mud grips and a 10+ machine- factory BFG KO2s are a no no in my situation.
Roxor is quieter- I can hear shorts on the electric fence while driving along side - no so with the RTV.
RTV had dump bed - but I rarely used it/ None on Roxor.
RTV slowed to a stop and I could jump off and pounce on a sleeping calf to tag and weigh- if the were in a deep sleep and didn't hear me coming. The Roxor, being standard, takes a bit longer to get in neutral and jump off with the elevated body molding by the feet.
Roxor has more clearance and uses 16" tires - I have 245 /75/R16s on mine.
Roxor is old school repair- basic- that's why I didn't get another RTV- don't have the hydraulic equipment to check and adjust the new models and the bed was too small.
The first Roxors need all fluids and bolts/nuts checked- someone in the Roxor plant needs another job or else do theirs a lot better- RTV had no loose anything when purchased.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Turning radius is poor on the Roxor. The stop bolts can be adjusted though but still takes a good bit of room to turn around. Really a problem at times when trying to maneuver cattle.