Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holy Moley ....that's a monster. Thx for sharing Murph. :thumb:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Great photo!

Wow that thing must be used to pull discs 32 ft wide or more, no?

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Great photo!

Wow that thing must be used to pull discs 32 ft wide or more, no?

Chris,

There was a John Deere Disc attached to it. I looked at my other pictures of the rig and the best I can tell it had a used either 30ft or 26 ft by the numbers on the disc. I cropped a section out and it looks like there is a 2730 number on it and also a dimension 26.0 on it. So not sure what size it is. I looked on John Deere's web site and it looks like they make up to a 32ft disc. That 32 foot disc requires 280 Draw Bar Horsepower so this rig will handle 32feet for sure. I bet there is other manufactures out there who make disc's larger.

If you ever get a chance to stand by one do so. :thumb: This tractor also come in a 630 horsepower model also.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
That really is a monster.

Here's (link) a photo I posted here 10 years ago of the equivalent from nearly a century ago, a Caterpillar 'sixty' that used to be shown at California State Fair each year by an elderly guy. I think 2007 was the last time he and the tractor were there. It was a monster (for its time) also, and awesome to watch the old guy maneuver it expertly in tight space.

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
That really is a monster.

Here's (link) a photo I posted here 10 years ago of the equivalent from nearly a century ago, a Caterpillar 'sixty' that used to be shown at California State Fair each year by an elderly guy. I think 2007 was the last time he and the tractor were there. It was a monster (for its time) also, and awesome to watch the old guy maneuver it expertly in tight space.

:thumb: that is awesome. :thumb: