4Wd problems

Becker

Hi, I have a Massey Ferguson 6290 and the 4Wd gives problems. The front wheel drive does not engage. I am in South-Africa and the local agents cannot help me. Does anybody perhaps know who I can get in contact with to guide me through some diagnostics and perhaps from whom I can order spares if required?

Best regards

Becker

epoxyit

More Problems

Just to let you guys know. I bought my first tractor in 2007 a MF 593 brand new for my livestock and hay operation. I serviced the unit as recomended and did not abuse the unit. The unit had less than 900 hours when a gear broke in the transmission and it took 3 mounths to obtain parts and have the unit put back together. The tractor was out of warranty so I had to eat a $ 10,000.00 bill. The dealer would only warranty the work for 30 days, so I decieded to trad it in through another MF dealer purchasing a 2680HD which was delivered with factory defects that were discovered in the first week of opperation. Upon notifing the dealer they inform me that I had to deliver the tractor to them. For the deisle leak was so bad I did, so that I could get my hay off the ground. I was told that the other defects would be taken care of at another time and that the dealer would retreive the unit and return it to me. Nearly a year later I had to put presure on AGCO to encurage the dealer to pick up the unit to repair the factory defects. The dealer told me it would take no more than a week to make the repair. It has been nearly 60 days since they have been in possion of the unit. I was told by the dealer last week that the tractor was complete but they had no means of delivering it. Upon fileing many complants with AGCO for a ongoing number of issues I was told by a AGCO costumer rep that it is "normal opperation not to do anything". I am as well done with AGCO, I fell they have no consideration for there customers. As soon as I can obtain the unit I will proceed to trade it in and will forever pass my experiences with AGCO on to others. When I attend the ag shows I will make sure that I spend ample time at the AGCO booths voiceing my oppenion. Now that I am in the market for a new tractor can any one make any recomendations.