Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Grass is wilting here in Arkansas, so please send the rain to the south.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wish I could give it to you. It's pouring down rain again right now. Radar is dark red.

I'll bet my son is having an "interesting" time. He's sleeping in a tent all week (Boy Scouts) and they're getting all this rain as well.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Wish I could give it to you. It's pouring down rain again right now. Radar is dark red.

I'll bet my son is having an "interesting" time. He's sleeping in a tent all week (Boy Scouts) and they're getting all this rain as well.

It is Great that your son is in the scouts. He will learn much !!!
I remember when I was.
There are things that are taught there that hewill never forget. It's a good
building block in young men.

I'm am proud of him !!!!

.............. two guns

Attachments

• Boy Scouts 1.jpg
    Boy Scouts 1.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 141

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
A little wet in Toronto yesterday as well [photo]

I here they got close to 4 inches in under a hour.:wow:
Wow indeed!

I just noticed this online. Caption: Monday in Toronto.

xs8zqm7.jpg

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Don't know how they pulled this off without anybody knowing but it is obvious they got the weather folks turned around too. Watching the weather channel and temps are lower in the midwest and down south than up here in the mountains. New Orleans is 85 and we are at 89 and humid as hell. Yesterday we boiled bee frames in the big butcher kettle and it like to kill me. Lost 5 lbs from morning till night. Went through 6 sweat towels and they were soaked wet when I carried them in. Next 3 days are to be the same or worse. Gave up being outside before lunch time today. Stayed in the a/c and watched the race.

Attachments

• upside down.jpg
    upside down.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 118

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Just sitting back watching the news media
made a total ass out of themselves with this
Zimmerman "not guilty" verdict !!!!

It's just this simple. A man has got the right
to defend himself. PERIOD !!!!

And now, they are wanting the government to
pump up civil right charges on him. B.S. !!!
It is not a racial thing !!!

The guy just jacked with the wrong guy, who happened to have a gun !!! :starbucks:

I have attached a video, some might have already seen this. But it shows that some just don't back down, and put up with the crap..... expecially vets !!!
God Bless America !!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU8nkY0sRWw[/ame]

If video don't show, type in "67 YR OLD WAR VET FIGHTS A BLACK GUY ON BUS" on You Tube !!!!

.......... two guns

Last edited:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
In my opinion - Zimmerman stands responsible for the death, in the same way as a drunk driver who drives up on the sidewalk. The character of that drunk's victim is irrelevant to prosecuting the drunk. As a wannabe cop Zimmerman thought his (erroneous) judgement to pursue and encounter overrode his college law enforcement training, his rules of engagement for Neighborhood Watch, and the 911 dispatcher's order to not pursue. The result was inevitable, and highly avoidable.

I drafted that paragraph in conversation with a relative. I'll add one point I heard on the news this evening: The Peruvian guy (Zimmerman) had previously made 40+ phone calls to 911 to report black people where they didn't belong - according to him. I wonder if that illustrates a hair-trigger pre-judgement of what he was seeing the evening he found Martin 'where he didn't belong' ie visiting his father who lived in that gated community.

But really, I would rather see discussions of this sort continue over on Doc's ForumsForums political site rather than here.

Heatwave

I'm with you, Cal. Let's do Kubota RTVs here ... with an occasional view of the Sun tossed in for good measure. Somebody wanna do trials ... look elsewhere. Please.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I'm with you, Cal. Let's do Kubota RTVs here ... with an occasional view of the Sun tossed in for good measure. Somebody wanna do trials ... look elsewhere. Please.

I moved it to Forum Forum.

You are correct !!!!

This is not the place .....

............ jamie

Attachments

• HANGMANS NOOSE.jpg
    HANGMANS NOOSE.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 106

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks Jamie! And Heatwave.

I enjoy reading here mainly because it is a calm exception to the chaos we see most places.

:beer:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Not much going on so I thought I might as well whine a bit. I was putting up some old bottles on a top ledge in the barn, putting a bit of wire around them so they wouldn't get knocked off, and ... woosh.. my ladder slipped and down I went about 11 ft. As I piled there for a second , I thought that was it for me , but then I started feeling the stuff I landed on.. and here I am fine as a fiddle. Just some knots, bruises and scrapes.. I found my pliers that were in my hands across the shop.. Now that would have been a sight to see.. anyway, I guess my number isn't up yet.. Part of what I fell on was a fluorescent light and pieces of the rollavator( quite pointed) that I am working on now and then... wait, I 'm not through whining yet... ouch.. there ...:yum: :yum: bordercollie

bakerg

Some people go on an amusement park ride to fall like that, look how much money you saved by doing it at home.:wink::yum::yum:

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Thank God your OK....

Be Careful and take care of yourself !!!

Do I need to send you a parachute ??????????
( got to joke at ya )

......... jamie

oldhat

Site Supporter
Bordercollie, you got to watch those ladders, they can get you, but you know that now.
Be careful, would not want to loose all that information you have, and besides you are a very good person. They are hard to come buy
oldhat

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
BorderCollie, please stop that TomFullishness. Glad you're okay.

So while we're whining, I didn't fall off anything and ended up with a walking boot on my right foot. Seems as though I've done such an exemplary job of taking care my LARGE body, that tendonitis found my Achilles tendon. Felt like someone took a ball-peen to my heel. I don't recommend it. I'm laying this off as part of the "Aging Process". Don't like it one bit!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Me too. Glad you are okay BC. That could have ended up much worse. You must be living right. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.