100 Combines

N

Nicahawk

Was brought to my attention that this did not happen in Norton, KS, but in Canada in 2006. I give up!
Nica

I got this in an email and couldn't find anything on snopes, so assuming all is true. That's a lot of big buck combines on 160 acres all at one time.

100 Combines

Record setting harvest was done in 2008, in Norton, Kansas. 160 acres were harvested with 100 combines and several grain trucks in10 minutes and 15 seconds.

This record will be entered in the Guiness Book of World of Records.

Proceeds of this crop is to be sent to a kids camp.

That's how we get it done in Kansas.

Attachments

• Combines@yourlk4rlmsu41 (319 x 480).jpg
    Combines@yourlk4rlmsu41 (319 x 480).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 54
  • JD combines@yourlk4rlmsu41 (600 x 399).jpg
    JD combines@yourlk4rlmsu41 (600 x 399).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Canada or Kansas Cool all the same. Good find Nica!

Mith

Paul, I just assumed they had cut the rest, and that was the last line. It does look kinda odd.....

N

Nicahawk

Mith, the headers do look small, especially to some I see around here at harvest.

Paul, like Jim, I assumed they were cutting in strips to speed up the overall cutting time.

But......I wasn't there!

:wtf:, I'm going back to the garden and dig grubs.......I know their real! :pat:

N

Nicahawk

That's the right way to do it and what I'm familiar with.

mongoose

They are pick up heads, the crop (looks like wheat) is cut & windrowed then picked up by the head. You have probably seen grain platforms which cut & feed the crop through all in one pass. Platforms can be over 40' wide with an auger or belts feeding the crop to the threshing area. A stripper head is also another tool for wheat or fescue. It just strips the grain off leaving the stems standing to be cut & baled later.