Kioti Daedong FX751

Mort

Does anyone know much about this model sold in Australia from about 2009 or 10? 75hp, cab, power shuttle 24/24 gearbox, "premium" model. There are some second hand ones coming on the market that were supposedly accepted back by the importer/distributer some years ago with low hours due to a problem with the wet multiplate clutches in the power shuttle sticking and the tractor creeping when it was in neutral. Story is they did exchanges rather than a full recall as only some were affected (problem with tolerences in the manufacture is what I have been led to believe), returned ones have now fixed after a "couple" of years in storage waiting for a fix from Kioti.
They have reportedly been fitted with new model clutch packs and being sold with low-ish hours.
Prices are good for what look like very close to new tractors.
Has anyone heard about this, or seen them around, or know anything about the "exchange" program and recall that wasn't a recall? Looking closely, so keen to know a bit more before ending up with a lemon. Cheers, Mort

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry Mort. Looks like you stumped us.
I wish you luck in finding the answer. Sorry we did not know.

Mort

Thanks for noticing Doc :)
After a bit more looking around, have decided to buy, so will see how it goes. Should be delivered in a few days. One I picked has under 300 hours, and was first sold in 2010, played up, and has been back with the Aussie distributer since, waiting for the clutch fix. It goes well, and the power shuttle is smooth at any sensible speed to change between forward/reverse, everything works well (though I gave up before I tried all 24 gears!). Looks clean and pretty much new apart from the paint off the bucket.
Will see how it goes!

Joachim

Does anyone know much about this model sold in Australia from about 2009 or 10? 75hp, cab, power shuttle 24/24 gearbox, "premium" model. There are some second hand ones coming on the market that were supposedly accepted back by the importer/distributer some years ago with low hours due to a problem with the wet multiplate clutches in the power shuttle sticking and the tractor creeping when it was in neutral. Story is they did exchanges rather than a full recall as only some were affected (problem with tolerences in the manufacture is what I have been led to believe), returned ones have now fixed after a "couple" of years in storage waiting for a fix from Kioti.
They have reportedly been fitted with new model clutch packs and being sold with low-ish hours.
Prices are good for what look like very close to new tractors.
Has anyone heard about this, or seen them around, or know anything about the "exchange" program and recall that wasn't a recall? Looking closely, so keen to know a bit more before ending up with a lemon. Cheers, Mort
Yes Mort I spoke to the agents in Lismore, and they confirmed with PFG that the problem with the Power shuttle has been resolved. Apparently they have replaced all the clutches with the new one. The mechanic told me that it is the best and smoothest shuttle of all the makes they sell. Cheers, Joof

Mort

Thanks Joof & others.
Went ahead and purchased one of these with very low hours and have now had it a couple weeks. Very nice, so far. Not the latest design in some ways, not quite as comfortable as newest models, but considering the saving on new, happy with purchase.
The "fixed up" transmission seems good, very smooth engagment on the shuttle, and it is nice to drive. Have now done some more serious hours with a 6' slasher in long grass (could still see the front wheels, just) and it handled it well, and much nicer in a cab than on the old Inter and eating all the dust!
Did find a basic photo online, without loader:http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/tractors/images/d/d4/Daedong_FX751_MFWD_-_2009.jpg