Grapple Fork

bshangool

Hello
I am new to this forum. I have a 2516 HST Mahindra and I am thinking about putting on a grapple fork on it for brush removal and such.
Could someone tell me the most economical way to go and what I would need ?

Thanks

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
We have a few members that own a grapple. I figure one of them will wander to this thread soon. I would love to have one, but .... I'll have to wait a good while longer for the funds.
I just wanted to welcome you to our forum. :beer:

Jeep

I have one from greens machine shop in centralia il. and love it they call there's a thumb but it's a grapple , I don't know how I got along with out it like having another hand the price was good.Jeep

mahindra one

I ordered two clamp-on forks (w/chains) to do my grapple work with. They are not here yet but I've read of others who had very good success with them. They cost less than two hundred bucks. If your interested I can send you the details.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome friend, welcome. Another member is always welcome.

What you need for the grapple depends on what you are starting with. If you already have the front end loader then it becomes a fabrication job, either do it yourself or buy. There's all kinds of different designs out there, depending on what you want to do with it. Some designs are slightly better for one thing and another is better for something else. You'll need another set of hydraulic outlets in addition to the FEL's to control the opening and closing of the grapple. Apart from the control lever/diverter on the tractor itself, that's about it.

I got mine when I bought my Kubota L4740 new. I got the FEL and bucket but also had a guy at the dealer fabricate the grapple for everything that I wanted to do with it. I will admit that it may not be the sexiest or prettiest thing in the world but the son-of-a-gun does work. In fact, in the 3 years that I've had the tractor, I doubt that I've had the bucket on half a dozen times. The grapple stays on there all the time. It's just so friggin' useful. It's a combination of brush puller and grabber, log skidder and dragger, round bale mover, crane, hydraulic jack, post puller and setter, demolition tool (sometimes on purpose & sometimes not) and just about anything else that you need brute force for. For a long time, I thought that the FEL and bucket was the most useful thing I'd ever run across but it's second on the list.

I don't know if that was of any help but I hope so.

mahindra one

That is very interesting. Have you posted photos of your grapple yet? My tractor did not come with auxiliary hyd. outlets and when I asked the dealer how much to add them he told me 600 bucks for front only. I have a fair amount of experience with hydraulics and decided if I needed a auxiliary I would consider adding it myself (probably front and rear). Did you add yours and if so I would like to hear about how you went about it.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
No, I had it all done at the dealer before I picked it up. The hardest part, as far as I was concerned, was scoping it all out before I made the purchase.

I thought that I had posted pictures of the tractor and grapple on here but I can't seem to find them. When I get time I will try to take some more and post them, if I cam remember how.

Your best bet may be these guys, most people have been very happy with their product. I believe that they make a 48" grapple that would most likely be the best unit for your tractor.

As a side note, as long as you are going to need to add some remote hydraulics, might as well add a few for the rear so that you can add a top and tilt system to your Mahindra. Nothing like having "TnT" for those rear implements. :thumb:

Not familiar with a "top and tilt" system. What is that?

That is a set of hydraulics that get installed in place of the manually adjustable links on your 3pt hitch. Most common is a hydraulic top link and if you do much grading at all a hydraulic side link is a must have. Here are a few pictures of my setup on my Mahindra 3215. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Copy of P7040001.JPG
    Copy of P7040001.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0142.JPG
    IMG_0142.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 116

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
That is a set of hydraulics that get installed in place of the manually adjustable links on your 3pt hitch. Most common is a hydraulic top link and if you do much grading at all a hydraulic side link is a must have. Here are a few pictures of my setup on my Mahindra 3215. ;)

Darn!!!! That thing is way too shiny.

Sorry but I forgot about the pictures. Been real busy with other things lately. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

mahindra one

Thanks for the explanation. I had seen the top link, but not the arms. That is quite an array of "plumbing" you have.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Sorry but I forgot about the pictures. Been real busy with other things lately. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

I've got to apologize again. The camera battery is dead, not holding a charge or it may possibly be the camera itself. Either way we may have to wait for Santa to bring a replacement. Maybe he will bring one of those fancy new phones and I can retire my $15 Trac-Fone. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

BBmong

Still new myself to the forum!

Hello Jeep I was wondering if you could send me the plans I have a set of forks off of a Bobcat Im selling. Thanks

I ordered two clamp-on forks (w/chains) to do my grapple work with. They are not here yet but I've read of others who had very good success with them. They cost less than two hundred bucks. If your interested I can send you the details.