1988 MF 1045 4wd

oscar411

Hello, I am new here. I have been reading and learing lot's of great info. I would like to know if anyone else has a massey ferguson 1045 with a 235 loader. I just upgraded fron a 43 8n ford. I was wondering if anyone has made any modifications, or if I need to know about any quarks this machine may have . Thanks all

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome oscar. I don't have any info on that model. Hopefully someone will come along soon with some advice.

tim9572

MF 1045

I just got one also last week paid 3500. I am looking to put a loader on mine. I think I am going to put an Allied 180 on it. I am using a hydraulic block that bolts on to the tractor hydro relief valve to power it up. I did look into putting a mf232 loader on but did not want to put the front pump on. Does yours have a pto or front pump on it. Is the loader operation slow? I think it's a great tractor. Keep me posted on how you like yours

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do some research to see if that is the Hinomoto-built one with an aluminum bell housing. If so, don't go too big on the loader and be sure it has a subframe clear back to the rear axle. Also a loader can overstress the front ring/pinion which is real expensive. I'm just repeating stuff I've read, FWIW.

Overall those have an excellent reputation for reliability and convenience.

tim9572

think the max size is the 232 and you need a front pump or PTO pump. the loader that works with the hydraulic pump for the hitch would have been the 216 or the 1016. The 236 is too big for the 1045. That is what I found out anyway. Not an expert at all. But I did do some DD for myself.