Carrying water to new trees

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
This weekend's experiment - watering with a 25 gallon container. There's a 4x4 under its back edge to tilt it forward. Works great.

There are random gaps in this old orchard and I'm starting to plant replacement trees down beyond what I can reach with a chain of garden hoses.

I also have a rear platform where I carry 3 garbage cans full of water, about 80 gallons.

Now all I need is a pump to replenish the front reservoir from the rear tanks while I drive to the next replacement tree. I'll never need to get off the tractor!

P1170674rWateringw25gTank.jpg

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks runningbird!

Here are some more pictures of the orchard:
Orchard

A while back Doc was encouraging everyone to start a thread describing their land in a forum he made: Show Us your Place. That's my thread in there.

And thanks for putting up your photos in that filter thread. I encourage you to start a thread showing your place and post the pictures again under your thread, so they are easy to find in the future. Your tractors are gorgeous!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea CA. I have used my FEL to transport water to new trees that were out of reach of my garden hose. Problem with that is spillage on the way, and you can't pour with much accuracy. Looks like your solution takes care of both issues. :thumb: :D
I ended up transporting in the FEL and stopping, getting out of the seat and used a bucket to water the trees ( I had about 15 baby pines I had planted). It worked but your solution is better for the my back all the way around. :D

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I bought my tractor used in a deal along with several implements. There was a 65 gallon boom sprayer with a hand nozzle. I use it for watering but I would never have purchased a new one just for that. I like California's rig:thumb:

Jim

Attachments

• MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 8

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Good idea CA. I have used my FEL to transport water to new trees that were out of reach of my garden hose. Problem with that is spillage on the way, and you can't pour with much accuracy. Looks like your solution takes care of both issues. :thumb: :D
I ended up transporting in the FEL and stopping, getting out of the seat and used a bucket to water the trees ( I had about 15 baby pines I had planted). It worked but your solution is better for the my back all the way around. :D

Doc, I used to do the same thing watering the garden plants. Fill the FEL and dip it out in a 5 gal bucket.