Any Body Home

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My tractor is green but I see my neighbor's Kioti pretty regularly. ;)

I don't have a backhoe so he brings his over for stump removal and trench digging.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'm a DK40 se owner... I'm home but but sometimes the "light "isn't on.:yum: esp with the Kioti. - Don't know much about it.... bordercollie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The Lord willing, I'll be spraying pastures in 3 months with my Kioti... and tilling the garden - that is my favorite thing.- besides eating the fresh tomatoes that is... :) bordercollie

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
I just took delivery of my DK45SE(CH) two weeks ago today - finally, 18 months after purchase! Thanks to the dealer for storing it until My DD and SIL finally got a building built to store it on their property, 25 miles away from both houses. This is my first tractor, if you don't count a rear-engine riding Snapper or a JD lawn tractor I've read and re-read the manuals several times, got hold of a shop manual for it, and been reading on the net for almost ten years - a lot of information.

Anyway, ask away, and you will find that people really do try to respond to your questions. You're right, the cold and wet and gummy clay is keeping me away a lot - these old bones don't cotton to cold and wet much,

Fred

Rider7767

Site Supporter
The Lord willing, I'll be spraying pastures in 3 months with my Kioti... and tilling the garden - that is my favorite thing.- besides eating the fresh tomatoes that is... :) bordercollie
Bordercollie,
That made me smile when you said, "I'll be spraying pastures in 3 months". I am ready for it to be spring!:blob_blue::whistling:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Bordercollie,
That made me smile when you said, "I'll be spraying pastures in 3 months". I am ready for it to be spring!:blob_blue::whistling:
Me too Rider!! :) We just got the power back on from one of those transition weather storms yesterday .Last night, I had to use the Cat skid steer to push a blown over tree out of the road. It originated from our property- no power lines there though.That's about the only thing I don't like about Spring. ... storms and the winds.. collie

Myk

Stormy here in Ireland here too this Christmas eve, anyway happy Christmas to all.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Merry Christmas Myk. We are getting light snow here this morning. Supposed to taper off by afternoon. After being 60 degrees Sunday this is quite the surprise. No one expected a white Christmas so soon after 60 degree weather. Crazy, but not complaining. :D

Rider7767

Site Supporter
I got the tractor out today and pushed brush down the hill. It was nice to be on the tractor again. It rained me out. :(

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I got the tractor out today and pushed brush down the hill. It was nice to be on the tractor again. It rained me out. :(

Wet and sloppy here too. Just keep thinking... Spring is coming next..
That's what I tell myself as I trudge through the mud and manure moving the cows out of the feed lanes.. and then my boots get 'bout stuck.. :shitHitsFan: but Spring really is .... keep saying it...:wink: collie

RedAnt

Here in NH we've had a cold snowy winter.

My new DK40se cab + AgroTrend 72" snow blower have been performing admirably.

The 1/3 mile driveway hasn't been hard to plow (with the F250) or blow (DK). But the parking areas are much easier to blow than to plow. It's also nice to have the blower to clean up areas that my lack of plowing skill leaves messy.

It amazes me that the DK40se always starts first try. It's garaged, but unheated. Starts instantly at -10F. It takes me hours to get the old diesel F250 running. I may have finally hit on the magic for the F250 (>2 hours on the block heater, and cycle the glow plug heater a few times before turning it over). The F250 is so hard to start, it makes the DK40se look magical. My two Mazdas started up slowly at -10F, but the Kioti jumps to life.

Besides removing snow, I finally torched my burn pile. I'm not sure how anybody does this without a tractor. I needed the FEL to roll unburnt sections onto the coals in the burnt out core. I stated at noontime and used the lights on the DK until the fire was mostly done at 10pm. It may have be the longest time the DK and I have spent alone together. Having light, heat and music available was almost as good as the burger and beer my wife delivered.

Another great plus is that I live close enough to the highway department to take the tractor down for a free bucket of sand. Given the ice we've experienced this year, I'm not sure how else I could have put the required amount of sand on my hill. I'm getting good at shovel sanding.

I have also been impressed with my local Kioti dealer (http://www.batcheldersales.com in Lebenon ME). They have answered all my newbie questions, and are quick to provide the little things at no charge.

Six months and 65 hrs into ownership I couldn't be happier with my DK40se and it's warm cab.

Almost forgot to mention. After spreading sand on my iced over hill, I learned NOT to let up on the forward peddle (aka brake) while going down hill. The sideways slide down the hill was a true thrill ride. I spent ride trying to decide if I should raise the bucket to clear the rocks (and also raise my center of gravity). Turns out that leaving the bucket down was fine and the snow made for a soft landing, thankfully ending the slide still rubber side down! I now prefer to back down the hill, since I could easily drop the bucket/anchor if needed.

Happy new year to all. Hope you stay safe, even doing some of the dumb things we all do.