Winch Question RTV 900

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Peanut, make two please. I will need one for my winch ...and another set of stick stoppers. A neighbor is wanting a set for his 07 RTV900. THANKS :tiphat: Let me know the cost and I'll get that out to you.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
already got you takin care of doc i'll pm you.thanks for that pic of the hole nap .i'll have it done today probably.i got two days off so I'm trying to get my shop cleaned up and ready for fabricating .it's been all cluttered up sisne I been on the road.i would come in at 3 in the morning and off load some leads and stuff and just lay it where ever I could then get up in a few hours for another job and grab whats closest and haul but out the door.it never fails though as soon as I yank my box and machine out my truck to service it they call and I have to load it all back up

kobe

Hey guys, if your not aware, the Swiss rolled over on us, and now report ALL deposits the the IRS. Guess I'm going to have to transfer funds to the Caymans

napcap

SCREWED UP!

Hey guys I just noticed I made a big error in the measurement of the front bolts. Instead of 2 1/4 inches from front to mid of bolt holes its 1 1/4 inches. I cut an inch on the tape when I was measuring and didn't pay attention. MY MISTAKE! I can deal with the bracket if you already finished it peanut- just don't want to mess up others.

:bonk:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 52

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
nah you didn't mess up.but I was close I took the pic you gave me and I looked at it you told me the holes wasa certain size but things just didn't look right so I cut the plate to a 1-1/2 . no problem to trim a bit more off. that's one reason I ask for pics there is always something in a picture to get a size off of.whether it's a cup sitting in a picture or a coke can all I need is something I can go off of.it won't give me an exact measurement all the time but it will get me close.better to have to cut off than to add on.

but are you sure it's 1-1/4 and not 1" center??looking at the pic it sure looks like 1" center from the end. to get a better look why not put a straight edge on the front of the bumper and measure from that ?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey guys. If you don't already do it, to determine center, measure from the outside of one hole to the inside of the other.

O..............O
|<-------------------- to------------------- >|

napcap

yes its 1 1/4 inches. The picture at that angle looks a bit funny as though its not that much. The metal is of course rounded there. Plus the bolts for the fair lead rollers will probably hang down below that so if its a bit long it should work fine. Hope this all makes sense. thanks again Peanut