1140 Roof/Windshield/Mirror install

ccmdvl1960

Picked up the factory plastic canopy on Saturday for our new-to-us RTV 1140. We kept the old plexiglass windshield from our Mule and recut it to fit the RTV. After 11 years, the plexiglass is fine. We used a special blade for plastic in the jig saw and taped the windshield where it was to be cut. Worked out very well. The clamps for the windshield are 2" stainless with a rubber liner. I found these online. I believe they were made for electrical conduit. The mirrors I had laying around. I re painted them with bedliner to match the canopy. They are attached using the same clamps as the windshield.

I made a brief before/after video showing some of the details that I would have liked to have seen prior to buying the unit. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/4cvlojZbXvM

Link to clamps:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221378003456?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I really thought you were going to take the roof off at 1:18.

Nice video!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hey mister, I tip my hat !!!
That is some professional work !!!!

Thanks for sharing this with us !!!! :wave:

............. two guns

ccmdvl1960

Thanks, all! It was a good project for a dreary day. Definitely a two-person job to hold/measure/clamp/tighten bolts from two sides, etc. My dad was able to come out and give a hand, it is always nice to work on a project with him.

Taping the plexiglass prior to cutting made a huge difference in cut quality.

BCZOOM - it is a tight fit through the 84" door, about 1.5-2" clearance with the canopy installed.

Next up will be the overhead console for AM/FM, switches, CB/WX radio and some lights. Will post an update when I am finished with it (probably in April).

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Great audio........Yours???.........Good to be under a cover when you are working around your place with weather like YOU must have........God bless.....Dennis

ccmdvl1960

Great audio........Yours???.........Good to be under a cover when you are working around your place with weather like YOU must have........God bless.....Dennis

The music is actually one of the "free" tracks available on YouTube. There are many songs you can choose from to add to videos.