MF 35 Diesel Power steering leak

shrievy

I have a MF35 1960 perkins diesel I rebuilt. After startup I get power steering fluid coming out of the breather vent that is just behind the steering shaft and on top of the steering housing. I took out the o rings on the cylinder assembly and replaced the 2 o rings that go on the assembly adapter. Tripled check the conditon of the o rings before finally seating the assembly in the cylinder housing and put all back together. Started again and same results, fluid coming out of the breather vent. I made sure the power steering fluid was full in the power steering pump. The pump, pumpes it out but does not return the fluid back to the pump, just keeps coming out the breather vent. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks, John

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk Shrievy!
I must apologize for you having to post Massey Ferguson stuff in the Other Brands forum. If we get much MF discussion at all I will be happy to create a forum just for MF. I hate empty forums and that is the only reason we don't have a MF forum already.

I'm the IT guy here and not the mechanic. Sorry I can't help your problem, but I wanted to welcome you and thank you for bringing the MF issue to my attention. :thumb: