Electrical Information

G

Has anyone purchased a complete service manual for their rtv, including the wiring.</P>

</P>

Melvin, </P>

Louisiana</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They are available.

Your dealer should be able to get you one.

I saw some on e-bay awhile back. I think they were around $80.

Is there a specific question you have?

Brian

G

if you need an electrical breakdown let me know and I'll post it for you. The one in the service manual actually has a few errors. A correction was posted on our dealer service system a few days ago. </P>

</P>

ajdillon

Did the corrected electrical diagram ever get posted? I'm still trying to chase down an intermittent problem with my worklight installation.</P>

Thanks</P>

Andrew</P>

G

Hi ... looking to install 4 whelen led amber strobe flashers... can you suggest where to wire these into the system... they have there own on/off switches... thank you

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Anonymous"]Hi ... looking to install 4 whelen led amber strobe flashers... can you suggest where to wire these into the system... they have there own on/off switches... thank you[/quote]

How much current do they draw? If not much, I wouldn't see an issue with tapping into the main power line going to the key/dash. I would propose a hot line as I assume you want the capability to run these with the RTV off. Also make sure you include an inline fuse.

andrewbph

I purchased one from ssbtractor.com for about $90 plus shipping. It's OK, but I've found out more from this site than from the book. It's just copies from an original book. I thought the price was kind of steep for the quailty, but it does explain a lot.

ajdillon

I just orderedthe manual, and the confirmation e-mail said "Quantity on hand -1"</P>

Does that mean I have to find one and send it to you guys?</P>

Andrew</P>

G

Yea :). The -1 means we have one on order for someone else. I need to fix that .</P>

</P>

</P>

captmyway

hi was wondering if the electrical breakdown was ever posted on here?? i have been looking but havent found it yet... i plan on installing some aftermarket lights</P>

thanks</P>