NEW Front Mud Flaps

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I did it.
Ripped off the front mud flap on drivers side yesterday during a
run in the Mississippi hills.

Went to take soil samples on the deer plots. And "hopped" a small
log and zipppppppppppppppped it smooth off ....

That's ok though. When I purchased my front mud flaps from Kubota.
I took and made a template of them just in case before i installed them.

Glad I did.

That will be a project upcoming.

Attachments

• Yoda Force.jpg
    Yoda Force.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 316

Mark.Sibole

when you get a chance post me a pic of the front mud flaps so I can see how they look and see if I can make a set.MY wallet is locked shut and I cant find a way to open it up all the way lol.

Wild Bill

Agreed, If you could throw some dimensions down on paper and upload it, that would be great.
A picture of a drawing in the dirt would be a close second.

mrploww

Speaking of the front mud flaps...why did the wonderful Kubota engineers decide to use metric allen head bolts??? What a pain! I spent 30 minutes just trying to get one side installed. I am off to the hardware store to get some metric allen sockets...Grrrr.

mrploww

I am sure everything is metric on it, but why use allen head bolts? Like someone is going to steal them from my RTV or something. Regular bolts would have been just fine and much easier to use!

urednecku

I am sure everything is metric on it, but why use allen head bolts? Like someone is going to steal them from my RTV or something. Regular bolts would have been just fine and much easier to use!

Yea, but then they wouldn't have to charge as much :gotsmoney: . :hammer:

markc

Just installed the front mud flaps.from what i have purchased from kubota for my rtv this is a still for 30 bucks.good quality wish i had got them earlier my 1140 2 years old and the screw threads was rusty.let me give some advice to anyone that has got a rtv wash under the front tires regular.the metal under there is thin i had to sand blast my fender wells this weekend because of rust all the paint was gone.was washing it off to do a full service and i discovered all the front area covered in rust.blasted primer and ordered some spray cans of kubota dark grey paint if i had let this go it would of rusted through in a little more time.kubota puts no primer on there metal.this is my third rtv since 2004 and the other one was not as bad as this 1140 so look under your rtv for rust and have a good day.

Mark.Sibole

Gunna sandblast mine this spring real good then hit the under front with some good undercoating to slow things down.Mine isnt to bad at all but want to nip it in the bud before it geta bad.Ill pick up a few bags of black beauty sand and hit the front underside then spray undercoating on it.

markc

mark i used spray bed coating over primer top coated with the oem dark grey spray paint.the bed liner spray is some good stuff

Mark.Sibole

Thanks for the tip.The bedliner spray may be a bit more robust.As for color black will be fine and I dont really plan on rolling the big K over so anyone can see the color lol.

kobe

After two winters and a fair amount of mud (Washed off fairly often) and then another pint or so of "Fluid Film" (as suggested by members) my RTV has yet to show any rust.
Love that stuff!