Bad weather

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We made it through the storms ok today.. Although the RTV and I did get hailed on before getting home from the pasture down the road. I love that machine. It truly does go through hail and high water to get ya home. I had my headphones on listening to KLOVE when the NWS alert comes on,so I look at the sky and started home.. Don't wait too late --get to a safe place asap..Those in the path of this storm system ..it is a bad one... be ready... to Dennis and others that direction.. collie

rapracing

Glad to hear all is well there. I can't imagine what some people are going through there and other places down there. To see everything you have spread out across the country side and have nothing left. They need the prayers and support of all of us.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been watching a lot of the Weather Channel and thinking about all y'all.

What a mess. Prayers for those whom lost their lives and best wishes to all affected that you can put your lives and your homestead back in shape.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Today is "OUR" day. Lost power awhile ago; but all is fine right now. Looking out the front of the house I see some dead limbs down out and around. Thoughts right now are for those that have been through a storm with lots of loss. Once you have been through a really strong storm it makes you so glad you are still there and gives you a very healthy respect for all of that power that man will never control. BUT......That fear/nightmare resurfaces every time one hears of a storm coming. I can't imagine how folks over by you, Collie, that have been totally destroyed several times can cope.....True courage and they have to KNOW how blessed they are to still be there.......God bless.......Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It is rough in many places close by but just fine here.
I have been in a couple of tornadoes directly.. here at this house 1996 (small) and in Clinton Ms (big)in 1976 . I will never forget the sounds heard... as long as I live the noises will be in my ears and head well as the images ..and a couple just affected me.. ie like in Dumas Ar (huge) several years ago when it hit a little assisted living where Mama was administrator ( I helped with the clean up of the decimated building and then the one that got my Grandma's house many years ago..(huge)..
I pray the folks affected by these storms today and yesterday will be ok and strong in their faith. collie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear you are A-OK collie!!!!!!
Best wishes to you and all those in your neighborhood Dennis. God Bless.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Keep you faith in GOD !!!

Back in the early years, and don't know exactly the year. My great-grand parents lived in Glenn Allen Mississippi. They had a big farm there.

During a very bad storm. A tornado showed up and cleared all. They lost everything. Cattle, crops, equipment, barns, home. EVERYTHING !!!!

BUT, LISTEN TO THIS !!!!
.... The only thing not touched, was the small piece of a wooden wall behind them and the couch they were sitting on, reading a bible. The winds, debris, and all that went on in this few minutes of a nightmare. NEVER EVEN TURNED THE PAGE OF THE BIBLE.

GOD spared my great-grandparents.

.......... jamie

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I just really DO NOT understand how folks can NOT understand nor KNOW the power, glory and grace of God and his Son.........Surely NOT to bible thump nor preach; but those of us that are blessed with knowing these things MUST keep passing them along. WE MUST NOT BE STILL NOR QUIET........Those angels are there taking care of us and over and over again, it seems we point these "miracles" out and folks still doubt..........THANK YOU GOD............Dennis

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
After the major storm passed on Sunday and prior to the last go round Sunday night, I prayed for protection of my family and asked for the winds to not exceed 30 mph. The storm did pass over with wind gusts of maybe 20 mph. Weather men predicted gusts of up to 80 mph.

I'd say my prayers were answered. Thank You God!!!!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
After the major storm passed on Sunday and prior to the last go round Sunday night, I prayed for protection of my family and asked for the winds to not exceed 30 mph. The storm did pass over with wind gusts of maybe 20 mph. Weather men predicted gusts of up to 80 mph.

I'd say my prayers were answered. Thank You God!!!!

I would say yes, your prayers were answered !!! Oh Yes !!!!

..... jamie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I saw all your storms on t.v over here !!
hope you guys all ok over there !

Thank You Sheep Farmer.
We appreciate your concern. So far, think all members are doing ok.
But pray for the people who did get hit. They need much help.

I feel so sorry for the ones who lost ...

........... jamie (two guns)

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
We had a nasty line come through here just before evening . Lots of driving rain followed by the most spectacular double rainbow. Still might chilly for a few more nights then a warm up late in the week.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 84

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Muleman, I'm glad you came out ok. The rainbow pictures are nice. thanks for posting... They have great significance to me. collie

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
I am hoping we get away from this cold weather this week. 33 this morning and even colder the next 2 nights. Then pushing 80 by the end of the week with overnight lows in the 50's. Might soon dry out enough to till the garden. I hope to get peas and onions in this week if it does.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep. Quite the temp ranges in the North East. I woke up to frost this morning.

Was hoping for a bit less rain so I can get my firewood out of the woods and into the sheds.