RTV Filter kits

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can't find the thread where we discussed filter kits for the RTV's.

I think I recall people saying the best place to get them was on e-bay.

A couple things I noticed.

Last time I looked at the $80 kit on e-bay:
- There was a note that the air filter is not for the hi-rise version. Does the hi-rise use a different filter (outer element).
- It did not include the inner air element. Just a heads-up.

I reached up on the shelf last night when I saw a filter kit I got from the dealer. It had all the filters except air. It also had 1 qt of engine oil and 1 qt of UDT. Receipt said I paid $45 for it. Anyone know if this kit is still available and if so, what's the price?

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
BCZoom,

Messicks has a kit that just includes filters. The outer air filter is for the OEM supplied intake. Their kit is $74. The outer air filter for the high rise is $19.71 and the inner filter is $14.60.

A quick Ebay check identified the $80 kit that was just filters.

I don't remember a kit that included oil, but remember I'm a 2011 model owner, so I'd consider myself a "Newbie".

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Zoomie,

I remember the hi-rise filter case was larger diameter or length than the original 900 filter case. Gave the original away and don't have the machine to measure. Sorry.

So yes the two are different.

Just looked at our Canadian Kubota site and they have a parts listing you can access now.
Looks like hi-rise filters are TAO4093230 and TAO4093220.

Tried looking at Kubota.com but it sees me as Canadian and said for US market.

Our site has a very nice display of the parts and option parts and accessories. Very nice finally.

Last edited:

Kanook

Zoomie,

I remember the hi-rise filter case was larger diameter or length than the original 900 filter case. Gave the original away and don't have the machine to measure. Sorry.

So yes the two are different.

Just looked at our Canadian Kubota site and they have a parts listing you can access now.
Looks like hi-rise filters are TAO4093230 and TAO4093220.

Tried looking at Kubota.com but it sees me as Canadian and said for US market.

Our site has a very nice display of the parts and option parts and accessories. Very nice finally.

I have used the Kubota parts site here in Canada a couple of times to look up parts..It was easy to use and allowed me to view the item(s), zoom in etc. and obtain p/n etc . Very useful..Wonder why there are separate USA/Canada parts look up....they're the same machines.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I can't tell you exactly what it matches up with but the factory HI-RISE airfilter is definately different than the original 900 RTV air filter. Something tells me a lawn mower???.............I suggest at least taking the filter you have for the HI-RISE to a dealer and get a parts number........IF ALL ELSE FAILS......let me know and I will look at mine and get it as I have the factory HI-RISE on my 05 RTV...........God bless....Dennis

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Oh yes, these filter systems are also used on Gravely lawn mowers.

My PM 320 looks like the same filters with a little different configuration of the casing.

Probably one company supplying manufacturers with these units.

Why re-invent the wheel sort of thing. Unless it's Asian and then they just make copies.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Why don't they make them universal like light bulb sockets? My ZTR has the same housing and it would be nice to get universal filters...

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Inner Filter and Outer Filter on V4271 OEM Kubota High Rise Intake System
These are the filters that came with my system.
Donaldson makes the Kubota High Rise Kits

Attachments

• Inner Filter on Kubota V4271 High Rise.jpg
    Inner Filter on Kubota V4271 High Rise.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 123
  • Outer Filter on Kubota V4271 High Rise.jpg
    Outer Filter on Kubota V4271 High Rise.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 123