Rtv 1100 and 8 ft disk

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hooked my 8 ft wheel disk up to the 1100 today. I've been thinking about trying that for a while. Thought if I could load fertilizer,seed, spreader in the back of the bota and use it to pull disk To work the ground I could save a lot of travel time moving tractors and equipment to the food plots I have scattered out. I worked great! Only 1 pass made on plot except for my exit pass (don't know if this qualifies as work or trip to beauty shop as I enjoyed 70 degree cab, no Mosquitos, bugs or dust)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 183

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Kubota dealer said transmission would handle the job. Engine temp stayed in low normal range. Checked remotes for heat after finishing. They were warm but not hot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 183

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is way cool. I never would have guessed that it would have pulled like that. Great job!!!!!!

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
As I've posted before, there is a distinct possiblility, no probability, that the RTV has enough low end torque to cause damage to the unit if not careful.

RealtreeRTV

As I've posted before, there is a distinct possiblility, no probability, that the RTV has enough low end torque to cause damage to the unit if not careful.

I was thinking the same thing:

That Chevelle's RTV might damage that disk! :drive2: :pat:

Sorry Pepr, I couldn't help it! (Or is that what you meant too?)

Last edited:

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
RealTreeRTV, thanks for the laugh! I really appreciated you comment.

In reality my comment was that the low end torque of the RTV may exceed some of the weaker links on the RTV that could result in stress fractures.

I had a real eye opener once with my 2011 RTV 900 XT. Needed to move a partial round bale of have and the bale ring to a new pasture. Had my son drive the JD 6410 tractor to the round bale and load it into the 5' x 10' trailer attached to the RTV. He then picked up the bale ring and followed me to the new pasture. My plan for unloading the bale was to have him place the front end loader forks in front of the bale while I pulled forward with the RTV and trailer. It was winter time and damp conditions. All worked well for the first 3' of travel at which time I felt the load rise. Dummy me just pushed a little harder on the accelerator resulting in continued forward movement. Then I looked back and noted that the front end of the tractor was sliding in the direction of RTV travel.

Yep, you guessed it. Remember dummy me? Well that guy didn't remove the trailer tailgate resulting in the hay bale to be pushed up agaist the tailgate all the while the RTV is sliding the tractor frontend side ways. Not a problem right, it's a small tractor. Not so. That 90 hp cabbed tractor and frontend loader weighs in at 14,500 lbs.

Who knows how mush dead weight the RTV was pulling, but I'd say that it pulled significantly more than Kubota rated the maching for.

My lesson learned was to not be a dummy. I could have damaged my new RTV by being a dummy. I've since decided to be more conservative because I plan for that RTV to last for twenty years. Continuing to be a dummy would likely not support that 20 year life span.

Moral of the story: Don't over do it even though the RTV has the low end torque to do more.

rjglenn

I've raked hay with my 900 but it would overheat if I wasn't real careful about the radiator screen. The under the seat radiator is a terrible location for that kind of work.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Now let's see some belt machines doing real work..

don't underestimate the belt machines my buddies dodge 1 ton flatbed was stuck and hooked to his 5th wheel camper I pulled him out with ease on my rhino.back when I had my old hpx I would pull a 16' double axle trailer loaded down with a total weight of scrap iron of 5200 lbs and that's not the weight of the trailer added in.then there was the time when I went and pulled my sons friend out of a mud hole and all the way back up the headlane witch was over a mile in the gumbo mud with no problem. lots of people complain about the belt machines not being able to cut it but when I have do maintannace on my belt machine all I do it take the cover off blow out some dust and I'm good to go. when I first got my rhino it was all stockso I put in a mudders clutch kit with an epi heavy duty belt that was back in 08 haven't had to touch it sisne. you only have to look at the numbers out there. how many machines are hydraulicly driven trannies and how many are belt driven?i have a Honda in my shop the oil pump chain wore out and with no oil flow the tranny doesn't work. my old hpx would loose traction before the belt would slip same thing with my rhino the only way to get the belts to slip would be to get water in the clutch enclosure that's why we snorkel the clutch enclosures and the air box then we go in water over our heads with no problems.there is nothing wrong with the bota tranny but tell he how much do you have to spend to change fluids in it every year? my tranny has vero cost for me to maintain it.
try this with the bota.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM4C1O6soyA[/ame]