Help Kubota bx2350

grizz43

ok I have a Kubota bx2350 sometimes I have a hard time getting the shredder lever to engage the shredder sometimes it has mud around it or possible could it be the safety switch on the seat please help

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Grizz, is the shredder an add on implement or part of the tractor? If it is part of the tractor it's new to me, but still this seems like a good place for the spray on lubricant that we've all been raving about (and I can't think of the name of it right now dang it. :bonk: ) will add the name later when it comes to me.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc is probably thinking of Fluid Film.

As for "shredder", I'm thinking it could be an AKA for:
3PH chipper/shredder for branches
3PH Rototiller
3PH bush hog

My guess of all being 3PH pieces of equipment, grizz may be talking about the lever to engage the PTO.

I don't have a BX but when mine is hard to engage, it's normally because of my position on the clutch pedal. If not depressed far enough, you can't engage.

Does it matter if you're in gear or neutral? Does the BX require you engage the clutch? Have you checked linkages to make sure there's no slop or loose connections?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
good mind reading BC. Fluid Film is the name I was trying to remember.

On my 3010 the clutch must be in before you can engage the PTO. I doubt you could engage it if the clutch were not all the way disengaged.

A little more detail on the issue and we might have an idea or two Grizz.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Fluid Film is GREAT stuff!

We have a 2350 that's several years old.

I would clean up the pto linkage and coat all the pivot points.

The 2350 doesn't have a clutch. The seat switch controls a solinoid that's part of the linkage (I think :) ). There's a safety switch on the hydrostatic pedal but I don't know if it is tied to the pto safety. Other thing to check is the linkage on the lever next to the pto that controls the switch from mid to rear pto.

Jim