Alternator Conversion?

Ductape

.Howdy Kubota clan ! I recently bought a nice used B2400. I've read elsewhere that Kubota offers alternator kits for some of their tractors (such as the BX). I'm wondering if anyone here can tell me if one is available for my B2400, and approximately how much MSRP is if a kit is available. Has anyone ever installed one ???

shinnlinger

Ductape,

There is s nice thread on this in the Yanmar section...they take a Chevy high amp (at least compared to the stock unit) and strap it in....Ol cow hand has a bush hog in the lawn tractor section with a honda alt in it.

I have a VW and toyota alternator I am considering putting in my machine.

You can get higher amp 'bota units, but I think a auto charging unit will be ALOT cheaper.

Archdean

.Howdy Kubota clan ! I recently bought a nice used B2400. I've read elsewhere that Kubota offers alternator kits for some of their tractors (such as the BX). I'm wondering if anyone here can tell me if one is available for my B2400, and approximately how much MSRP is if a kit is available. Has anyone ever installed one ???

Ask your local K dealer for part number 6C040-59252 (I can't give you any more info as I no longer have access to the current parts codes)! (Most series of alternators will be interchangeable) the mounts are what matter most within the series!

Most dealers with a simple phone call can look that up for you on line and price it for you at the same time! Won't be cheap!:mrgreen: