RAC system?

Groundsmechanic

Anybody have one? How do you like it? I would need to remove mine before winter and reinstall after the snow is done. I see I need to drill 17 holes to fit the X-series RAC. I guess that isn't a big deal but I would be doing this to two machines.

If you do have one, do you have the side baskets? How far out do they stick from the door?

Thank you.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
I suppose if you have a real need for such a set up it would be okey. Taking it on and off would be a real pita me thinks. May be useful on a golf course or other open area but not on a woods trail.

Groundsmechanic

I suppose if you have a real need for such a set up it would be okey. Taking it on and off would be a real pita me thinks. May be useful on a golf course or other open area but not on a woods trail.

We are facilities maintenance so wooded areas are not a problem for us. I would only have to remove it for winter time when I install our salters. So once a year removal and installation. I will see how it mounts to the bed and maybe I can find a "quick release" option instead of bolts.

I ordered 1 "kit" to see if it will work for our needs. At $2400 I sure hope it does.

We had some temps lose a trimmer out the back of the bed the other day. We had to tell them to go find it. We had similar issues with our Bobcat 3600 units but I built custom trimmer holders for that using the stock mounting holes in the bed. I don't know if the other temps use them or not but I haven't had to order any new trimmers for the downtown crew.

Groundsmechanic

I got the RAC installed but all my pics are sideways/upside down still so, it pretty much looks like the picture I posted, just with a full cab. lol

I tell you what though, it took a good 3-4 hours to install. Many pieces.

Old Man 1944

Gold Site Supporter
Don't know where Doc is to flip your pictures but here they are groundsmechanic (Doc you can delete this post when you flip his pictures).

Attachments

• 0728171103_HDR.jpg
    0728171103_HDR.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 0728171103a_HDR.jpg
    0728171103a_HDR.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 0728171103b_HDR.jpg
    0728171103b_HDR.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 78

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Looks like a good set up. Too bad you have to take it off and put back on so often.