X1100 rtv spray buggy with cruise?

We ordered an 1100 that should be in around sept. We bought it for use around our place for chores and slow speed play (taking my boy riding, hunting and touring with the dogs) the secondary use will be for a 100 gallon spray rig with a boom and boom less nozzles and Honda pump.

I need to get the tires ordered, dealer is giving me $100 credit per stock tire. I've read all the threads and think we're going with the 27x11x12 itp blackwater as long as the weight rating will work. Haven't been able to find anything on their website yet.

The big things I'm trying to find will be some kind of cruise control. If I'm spraying 5-10 acres, it'll be nice to set the speed at 5mph or whatever the field dictates. Only system I've found is from Australia for about a grand. Mccruise I think. Designed just for an x1100 rtv with the mounting brackets and actuator. Does anyone have input to that or another option? We will most likely be using a raven cruizer 2 gps to increase our accuracy and ensure adequate coverage. Targeting ranchettes of 5-10 acres. My goal is all our stuff is for it to pay for itself, not get rich just cover the costs so it's free to for us to use.

Brett

Tsunamibob

We do field spraying with our 1100c. We use an Agleader 1200 GPS and there is no issue staying within your speed needs. The hydrostatic drive makes constant speed real easy. We did have a manual throttle installed when we purchased the machine. Using a 30' boom we can cover an acre in a smidge over 3 minutes. I don't know what kind of sprayer you're using but we have a 100 gallon tank and a 12 gpm diaphragm pump. When I spray I usually go between 4 - 8 mph depending on the nozzles and gallons per acre I'm spraying.

Bob

Attachments

• Kubota.jpg
    Kubota.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 197

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Rostra makes a line of aftermarket cruise controls for cars that don't require vacuum and the speed signal can be generated off the driveshaft. They connect directly to the throttle actuator.
I don't know if they will control at 5 mph but you might talk to them directly about your needs and see what they say. $200 - $250 for the complete setup that I've used on several old cars.

We do field spraying with our 1100c. We use an Agleader 1200 GPS and there is no issue staying within your speed needs. The hydrostatic drive makes constant speed real easy. We did have a manual throttle installed when we purchased the machine. Using a 30' boom we can cover an acre in a smidge over 3 minutes. I don't know what kind of sprayer you're using but we have a 100 gallon tank and a 12 gpm diaphragm pump. When I spray I usually go between 4 - 8 mph depending on the nozzles and gallons per acre I'm spraying.

Bob

That's great! Nice to see someone else doing it. Only concern is using a 12 or 18' boom and having to hold the right speed. Can't really sit back and relax. Would love a 30' boom but there's far to many trees to navagate. I'll look into that gps. Nothing is set in stone. Pretty sure I'll go with a fs manufacture spray skid

Brett

http://www.fsmfg.com/skid-sprayers.html

Rostra makes a line of aftermarket cruise controls for cars that don't require vacuum and the speed signal can be generated off the driveshaft. They connect directly to the throttle actuator.
I don't know if they will control at 5 mph but you might talk to them directly about your needs and see what they say. $200 - $250 for the complete setup that I've used on several old cars.

Ill check them out. The mccruise uses the speed signal and can hold any speed you set it at. There got to be others out there like you listed so I'll report back

Brett

Tsunamibob

I custom built ours. We spray pastures and fields as part of our business. We thought we would need a cruise control also until we actually started using the unit. The AgLeader 1200 is pretty expensive. We got it for two reasons: It makes spray reports for you and autoswath. The autoswath feature turns off sections of the boom when you have overlap. It saves on chemicals and makes your application more precise.

Attachments

• IMG_2491.JPG
    IMG_2491.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2564.JPG
    IMG_2564.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 196
I custom built ours. We spray pastures and fields as part of our business. We thought we would need a cruise control also until we actually started using the unit. The AgLeader 1200 is pretty expensive. We got it for two reasons: It makes spray reports for you and autoswath. The autoswath feature turns off sections of the boom when you have overlap. It saves on chemicals and makes your application more precise.

You have a world class set up there! About how many acres can you do on a tank? Been studying up and some chemicals say 30 gallons on water per acre. Just seems overkill if I can triple the chemical and use 10 gallons per acre. Not wanting to get crazy with it. Mainly 2-4d and the like to get control of goat weed and other broad leaf weeds. I'll hold off on the cruise till I can get some work in and go from there.

Brett

Tsunamibob

The rate per acre all depends on the chemicals your spraying. We spray from 10 - 15 gallons per acre usually and as high as 50 gallons per acre. The label of your products will tell you minimum gallons per acre. We can't spray 2,4d this time of year because it's too hot.

ovrszd

Anxious to see what you come up with Brett.

Bob definitely has a top notch system doesn't he!!!!!

Because of the small tanks the RTV has to carry it's critical to get good coverage with the minimum amount of solution. Otherwise you'll spend all day filling.

Hope this thread grows. Very curious to see answers. I do wand spraying with my RTV carrying 30 gallon of solution. I'm wanting to rig up a short boom system to spray road shoulders. Just figured I'd run in low range with wide open throttle and install nozzles to match. Would be nice to cut the rpms and run in higher range and maintain speed.

The rate per acre all depends on the chemicals your spraying. We spray from 10 - 15 gallons per acre usually and as high as 50 gallons per acre. The label of your products will tell you minimum gallons per acre. We can't spray 2,4d this time of year because it's too hot.

That makes sense. I have several folks wanting spraying done and I think I can fill a niche with this. Biggest property would be 23 acres and its fence lines. Already have a Ibc tote for water. Most would be smaller places (5-10 acres) thus the reason for the rtv instead of a 3pt behind my 100 hp Deere.

I've been studying up on the labels and trying to make sense of it. They don't make them 8 year old easy though. So many dang options

Anxious to see what you come up with Brett.

Bob definitely has a top notch system doesn't he!!!!!

Because of the small tanks the RTV has to carry it's critical to get good coverage with the minimum amount of solution. Otherwise you'll spend all day filling.

Hope this thread grows. Very curious to see answers. I do wand spraying with my RTV carrying 30 gallon of solution. I'm wanting to rig up a short boom system to spray road shoulders. Just figured I'd run in low range with wide open throttle and install nozzles to match. Would be nice to cut the rpms and run in higher range and maintain speed.

For that the boomless nozzles would be good. That link I put above has a slick setup and they have them for the receiver hitch out there too. Could block off whatever side you don't want to spray and hammer down.

Brett

Tsunamibob

Brett,
I do not know what the laws are in your state, but I believe most require an applicators license to apply to other people's property.
Bob

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I would love to use the Kubota for burn down and spot spraying. Does anyone have any more info on drop in sprayers 100 gallon or so? Or pull behind trailer sprayers?

Brett,
I do not know what the laws are in your state, but I believe most require an applicators license to apply to other people's property.
Bob

Yes. Biggest difference is just having a larger insurance policy. Besides that it's basically the same license procedure as an individual. I think a little more expensive.

Buggy should be here sept. Skid will take a few weeks to come in and get it all set up. Really don't know what would need to be sprayed in the fall. Plan is to get all the bugs works out and get it dialed in this fall/winter and hammer it hard in the spring. I'm going from a 15 gallon fimco to spot spray off a 4 wheeler to an rtv with gps and skid. Figuring a pretty steep learning curve but trying to take it all in. Have a buddy at work that sprayed for years and years on the side so I'll pick his brain also. He ran big equipment though

Brett

I would love to use the Kubota for burn down and spot spraying. Does anyone have any more info on drop in sprayers 100 gallon or so? Or pull behind trailer sprayers?

Did you check out the link in post #4. I've searched and searched and that's the best outfit I've come across so far for my plans and the rtv. I'd rather spend some money and get a turn key product that piece something together

Brett

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
No I will though. Application companies are so busy when you actually need them, it would be nice to have another option.

No I will though. Application companies are so busy when you actually need them, it would be nice to have another option.

I called them and they answered on the second ring. Guy was awesome to talk to and very informative. Answered any and all questions. Closest dealer is 3 hrs away and they have no problem just drop shipping it to me. Told me the benefit of their product vs running down a competitor which I like and respect. Unless I can find a deal on a local unit with won't happen, they will get my business. Optioned out like I wanted with a boom and boomless nozzles, spray wand and reel and with the gas pump delivered to my door was less than 3k. Base unit is 21-2200 I think.

I like it. I would need foam markers or gps though.

The raven is about 1500 turn key. I'll move it between my rtv and Deere tractor. Thinking it'll help speed things up when I'm running my batwing to ensure I'm not over lapping more than I need to cut it all. Rough estimates on speed will be a 5-15% reduction in mowing. Hoping to take a 4.5 hrs job down to 4. Also, with spraying you won't need to worry about dyes or foam. It'll paint as you go along

That looks great . :) .
I found this a while back on load capacity of the Blackwater Evolution tires. 1,000 lbs rating according to : https://utvactionmag.com/itp-tires-blackwater-evolution/

That's great! Thank you. Those will fit the bill for what I need

Brett

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Cool thanks for the info! I never really considered spraying with my buggy but you have given us a lot to think about!
Thanks

Switching gears after being on the phone all morning. Going with an enduraplas farm boss 365 with 20' boom, 30' boomless nozzles and TIR electronic valves and pressure regulator. It will plug into the raven cruizer ii and automatically start painting when turned on. Total price for everything to the door is around $4650. Once I get the buggy in, I'll place my order and get it outfitted.

Brett

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Hey Brett,
When you get this all together I would be very interested in knowing how it worked out for you.
If you dont mind give us a update after youve made a couple rounds!
Thanks