RTV 1140 followed me home. Lucky lucky lucky

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Kudo's to Classified IFTTT https://ifttt.com/classifieds

I set up a craigslist search for whenever an RTV was put up for sale in a dozen or so craiglsist sites in my general vicinity. Places I would travel to for the right deal.

So for the past year or so I get notifications. Some so so, some BS (like the one I posted about a month ago) and finally one that truly paid offf for me.

I got email notification about this ad 23 hours after it was posted.

Ad deleted by seller ...so I removed the link.

I called and made arrangments to go eee ti this afternoon. Another guy was supposed to see it last night but was a no show. He showed up while I was looking and another was coming later. Man, I was shocked to hear that many looking but this was what I consider an exceptional deal.

a 2009 1140 in great shape, 1 owner, 862 hours for 8k. I offered 7700 and brought i home. Yippee.

I am amazed at how much smoother it runs and drives over my 06 RTV 900. It's quieter, smoother operation. No sudden stop when you let off the gas. Simply awesome all the way around.

Pics are in the ad but that will be pulled eventually so I'll add the same pics here that were taken by the fellow selling the RTV.

I'm still in shock. Can't wipe this smile off my face. :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 147
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 149
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 145
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 145

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Another shock to me ....the seats are softer. Who would have thunk it. :D

I should mention the guy that came right after us, left us to talk to see if we'd come to terms but he came back twice. He was ready to buy. I was afraid of bidding war but thankfully that did not happen.

Looking these up from 2009, when new list prices were in the 14k range. The seller showed me the invoice where he purchased it for 12,700 in April of 09.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
SO VERY PROUD FOR YOU DOC!!!! You really did good in the way you didn't just HAVE to have something right now and bend. YOU knew what you wanted and did it in a way that most will only think about but never do...........YOU WALK THE WALK.....

What that got you is a machine that is brand new. lol....For me, I would find the longest road possible and full throttle that puppy to blow the carbon out. Wonder how plugged up the muffler and spark arrestor are.........Anyway, that, to me is all you need to do to make it "NEW"............God bless.......Dennis

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks all. :tiphat:

Dennis, I asked the seller specifically about the spark arrestor and he had no clue. So, I'm assuming it is still in there. However the zip / power of this RTV is still more than my 06.

The seller ran it on 100+ acres of rolling hills. Beautiful place. He sold all but 4 acres so he did not need it any longer. He put 100 hours a year on it.

I have been concerned about the longer wheelbase for some of my tight spots but after testing on the trails last nigh I feel those concerns are truly unfounded.

the muffler goes across the back with a curved exhaust. How do I tell if the spark arrestor is still there?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Yaaaaay Doc !!!!! :thewave::a1: Congratulations !! It's beautiful !!!
If there are 2 bolts holding the tailpipe to the muffler flat end, then it is an internal spark arrestor- unless the new style out recently. This can be unbolted and pulled straight out Some times the bolts are froze in place though so be careful. The early early models had a little screen that was held onto the end of the tailpipe by a screw. Again, Yaaaay ! collie

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Doc on the new machine. Now don't be running it down to the river and getting it stuck.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Yaaaaay Doc !!!!! :thewave::a1: Congratulations !! It's beautiful !!!
If there are 2 bolts holding the tailpipe to the muffler flat end, then it is an internal spark arrestor- unless the new style out recently. This can be unbolted and pulled straight out Some times the bolts are froze in place though so be careful. The early early models had a little screen that was held onto the end of the tailpipe by a screw. Again, Yaaaay ! collie

Congrats Doc i always liked the 1140. your spark arrestor sounds like the one in my 1100. i just took mine out to clean after a couple hundred hours and it was black but clean. put it back on with anti seize on the bolts :wow::wow::dancing::wow: