Brush Crusher

mobilus

Not sure...

I had inquired once, but I've slept since then.

I kinda dropped the idea, but now that I compare the price of grapples and the extra hydraulics required to do the same thing this does, well...

I think I'd go $700-$800 on it. Any more and I'd have to do a cost/benefit analysis (ask mama).

howierd3866

it cheap enought but I still like my hyd over it. Sometime when I rake I might not want to move the bottom part of rake and just close the claws.My also have the option to put pressure down.But that look like it could work on some jobs. Plus it doesn't cost $3k. good luck Howard

Attachments

• 1139221124_m.jpg
    1139221124_m.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 385
  • 451477117_m.jpg
    451477117_m.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 374

Westendorf

Cost/Benefits

Your estimated price is close. You can either spend the additional dollars for a hydraulic grapple and retain the bucket tilt action of the loader. This ususally ranges between $1000 and $1500 for additional valves, joystick, 3rd lines etc... The attachment will also run about $800 more as it includes 2 hydraulic cylinders. If you plan to use the attachment frequently, several times a week, it's worth the extra dollars. If you plan to use seasonally or as a tool to clean up after storms, the mechanical version is an ideal way to handle brush and trees without messing with chains and on and off the tractor. It is also economical to those of you out there that do not have the 3rd set of hydraulic lines installed.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I"m sure it depends on the type of brush you are cutting, but for me, my brush crusher is my rotary cutter / brush hog. I raise it up and back into the brush (multi flora taller than my tractor). If it is way taller then I'll first use the FEL to smash the multi flora down, then turn around and back over it with the rotary cutter. Raised at first and slowly lowered onto the brush. Works great for my brush messes.

Westendorf

You are exactly right. Matching the material you'll be handling to the attachment is key to making a successful purchase. The type of brush I was referring to is small twigs and branches, not the kind you have to mow. We see very little of that type of brush in Iowa, mostly just corn fields here.

Erik

since I'm spending someone else's $$ here, I feel I should point out that while pricey to add the extra remote to loader now, it would open up a whole world of other attachments in the future -- like a front mounted PHD...

shinnlinger

Westy,

HOw do you get the independent action with stock FEL hydraulics?

I was going to consider making one out of truck rims, but your design seems way slicker and the way to go.

I am also fairly interested...If they really are south of $1000....HOw much is the 4000 series Or how do I get one? I live in Canaan NH 03741

THanks

Westendorf

By utilizing your bucket cylinders or your loader and multiple linkages, we enable the teeth to open and close with everything you already have in your loader. They operate independently of each other to handle lop sided loads very well and will take the path of least resistance when opening and closing. As the fluid flows to one cylinder and one side starts closing is closes around one end of the load. As soon as it meets any resistance, the other side begins to close. This allows a very secure grip on awkward loads. By getting rid of the bucket you can see the load better, eliminate the weight of the bucket, move the load closer to the loader for better stability and higher lifting capacities. You eliminate any need for chains and multiple trips off the tractor. It is an amazing time saver when handling trees and brush. It is really nice to get the tree up off the ground for trimming and chopping into logs as it eliminates the chain saw from binding up from a shifting load.

You sacrifice your bucket tilt feature so you'll need to use your lift cylinders more. They are very precise, yet can crush with power. The BC-4000 is roughly around $900 - $1000 depending on your dealer's quote. You can see part breakouts and live video on our website www.brushcrushers.com
Your nearest dealer is Champlain Valley Equip in Middlebury, VT.

Attachments

• evrything-but-kitchensink.jpg
    evrything-but-kitchensink.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 150
  • bc-4000-installed-2.jpg
    bc-4000-installed-2.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 142
  • helping-hand.jpg
    helping-hand.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 141

vansimplement

I've heard that those are pretty dandy, but have never gotten to see one in person. I'm assuming it's not horribly common in this part of the state.

M

mtntopper

My Anbo brush grapple does about the same job but I would say it is more versatile in operation. I use it more than the front bucket in my area. I can come up to a brush/slash pile and crush as I close the grapple on it easily. I can pick up large logs and move them or hold them to cut and then move them to another area. Another set of front hydraulics and control is required. I would be lost without my grapple.

P5200012 (Medium).JPG

mobilus

I did it! Bought the BC-4000!

I went ahead and bought the Brush Crusher 4000. Paid a little more than I wanted, $1112 - delivered, but first impression is that it is well worth it.

I have noted two drawbacks so far: The loader side bushings on the Kubota LA463 loader do not have zerk fittings and I had to add them because the BC-4000 doesn't use a greasable pin like the Kubota bucket does. And, though Westendorf's rep told me that the LA463 loader arms had stops welded to them that prevented use of their product, I overcame that little obstacle with a torch and angle grinder.

I'll get some pictures on here soon, and a report on its use, because I have to clean up a brush pile within city limits next week.

mobilus

These are pix from my cell phone, but I'll take some action shots sometime this week!

Attachments

• BC-4000 installed.jpg
    BC-4000 installed.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 140
  • BC-4000.jpg
    BC-4000.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 136

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great!

Yesterday I had a chance to look at the Clay County Leaders from the last month or so. Did you make it through the fire ok? Are you on the east side of the lake, I don't remember.

Jim