Grapple for Bonehead

I think this is the best option for me. The additional hydraulics is what has putting me off buying a grapple. Any idea on what one of these would run for a 24hp Kubota?
Bone

I understand they start at around $800, but can be negotiated, if you tell them you are a TBNer...:D

BoneheadNW

I'm home from work early today. Have been trading emails with the Brush Crusher dealer. I really like the attachment, but at around $1000, I'm going to have to save for a while. Can you guys take a look at the link earlier in this thread and tell me what you think? They have a couple of demo videos on the site and I would really appreciate your opinions.
Bonehead

irwin

I'm home from work early today. Have been trading emails with the Brush Crusher dealer. I really like the attachment, but at around $1000, I'm going to have to save for a while. Can you guys take a look at the link earlier in this thread and tell me what you think? They have a couple of demo videos on the site and I would really appreciate your opinions.
Bonehead

Which one? The BC-3000, or BC-4000? , Seems to me the smallest one would be enough for light work, but $1000.00 seems to be a bit high for what you get. The BC-4000 looks fairly tough and might be worth a grand..:smile:

Let me know whats what, I like the idea also.

Will

I would only question how easy/hard/time consuming it would be to swap back and forth from Brushcrusher and bucket ?

irwin

I would only question how easy/hard/time consuming it would be to swap back and forth from Brushcrusher and bucket ?

Not as easy as that homemade quick attach scarifier grapple you got, but looks pretty easy on the video.:wink:

BoneheadNW

Which one? The BC-3000, or BC-4000? , Seems to me the smallest one would be enough for light work, but $1000.00 seems to be a bit high for what you get. The BC-4000 looks fairly tough and might be worth a grand..:smile:

Let me know whats what, I like the idea also.
The 3000 is $910 while the 400 is $1090. I was thinking of getting the 4000.

Not as easy as that homemade quick attach scarifier grapple you got, but looks pretty easy on the video.

I too was looking to see how easy the conversion would be. Which video did you see this on?
Bone

mongoose

OK, I'll tell on myself, I work for Westendorf. The model you need depends on what loader you have. If you can tell me your loader make & model I can tell you. They do come off fairly easy. I didn't want to seem biased which is why I didn't publish the fact I work there.

irwin

OK, I'll tell on myself, I work for Westendorf. The model you need depends on what loader you have. If you can tell me your loader make & model I can tell you. They do come off fairly easy. I didn't want to seem biased which is why I didn't publish the fact I work there.

Hiya mongoose::wave:

I've got a model #70 on a J. Deere 770. Let me know what, if any, will work with it. ( and PM me a good price ;-) )

BoneheadNW

Mongoose-
I own a Kubota B7610. I was thinking the 4000 would be right for me. Ms. Kluver told me the nearest dealer was in Beaverton Oregon, but on their web page they do not mention the Brush Crusher. Can you verify this is the closest dealer to me (Seattle area)?
Bonehead

mongoose

She's probably right, we don't have alot of dealers on the West Coast. Some dealers don't publish all the products they carry or can get 1)they want (us) to pay to have it on there or 2) they deal with so many different mfgs or distributors they don't have the space or time to list everything.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
What are the pros and cons of having dual or single upper hydraulic cylinders?

Mith

BD, if it only has a single top arm (post #6) then I cant see an advantage to having 2 rams, just adds more weight.
If you have 2 independent top arms (post #3), with a ram on each then it means you can grab odd shaped loads more securely.

mongoose

Having 2 cylinders not connected to one another allows each side of the grapple to operate independently. One cylinder will receive fluid 1st causing it to close 1st. Once pressure is placed on the cylinder the fluid goes to the other cylinder. This allows you to grasp uneven payloads. Have you ever seen a symetrical brush pile, log, etc...?

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Well I thought that fluid would be distributed evenly to both, thus no advantage. Is this a single control or two (one for each cylinder)? If one works first on a single control then you would alway have to approach the pile in order to to take advantage of that situation and that ain't always possible.

Mith

The ram with the least resistance will always move first. If they both have the same resistance then both rams will move at the same time.