Filling my tires - suggestions.

Thanks FWJ! Great info. I may price out the Calcium Chloride too.

I checked Walmart and currently -20 WW Fluid is priced at $1.64 a gallon. I'm not sure my Walmart had 60 gallons but I could probably hit two of them.

Since I don't "need" to have this done until next winter (I'm looking for snow plowing traction) then I may wait until I see WW on sale. I'm guessing it goes on sale in the Fall since Walmart currently had regular WW Fluid on sale for 94 cents a gallon.

I filled tires with wwf on a tractor belonging to a friend a couple years ago. We went to a local NAPA store and bought it in 55 gallon drums for just over $0.60 a gallon. I ended up with 3 good 55 gallon plastic drums and we DIDN'T have to dispose of 148 1-gallon plastic jugs:rolleyes:

PBinWA

I filled tires with wwf on a tractor belonging to a friend a couple years ago. We went to a local NAPA store and bought it in 55 gallon drums for just over $0.60 a gallon. I ended up with 3 good 55 gallon plastic drums and we DIDN'T have to dispose of 148 1-gallon plastic jugs:rolleyes:

I went to the local NAPA yesterday and asked if they had any sort of bulk deal that was near the Walmart price and they said they couldn't even buy it at that price. :pat:

Isn't there a term for when the price of everything starts to shoot up drastically? :rolleyes:

Sundance

I'm new to the forum but have a leak in the rim of my Ford NAA. I want to pump out the liquid. I'm assuming it is calcium chloride. What is this garden hose adaptor that you are talking about? What section of NAPA do I look in? Thanks in advance.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Sundance. If you still need help just give us a shout. :thumb:

Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

PBinWA

I'm new to the forum but have a leak in the rim of my Ford NAA. I want to pump out the liquid. I'm assuming it is calcium chloride. What is this garden hose adaptor that you are talking about? What section of NAPA do I look in? Thanks in advance.

It was in the section with all the tire valve tools. My NAPA only had one and if you are not in an agricultural area then they may not stock it.

I did end up filling my tires with RV Antifreeze after it went on sale for $2/gallon at Walmart. I put around 25 gallons in each wheel using the adapter and gravity feed. It took about 6-8 hours to fill each wheel. I did it while I did all my spring maintenance (oil change, filters, etc).