Mahindra 2516 Gear Fuel Pump

KingBubba

My fuel pump bit the dust over the last 2 weeks or so. I cut the field 2 days ago and all was fine following the fuel pump stuttering a few days before that. Today I started, as normal, after the pump brought me up to pressure. I backed up about 20 feet and the motor died and would not restart. The normal clickety click of the pump was and still is missing after the stall. I am assuming I need a new pump. I can find no schematics for Mahindra anywhere online. I do know that it is in the compartment under the dash which also puts it under the tank. I checked the filter and when it was pulled there was a nice flow of fuel; so the issue is not fuel flow or quality as it was clean and free of water.

Does anyone know where a parts diagram might be online? Has anyone had any experience with the Mahindras and their fuel pump replacements? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The normal clickety click of the pump was and still is missing after the stall.
Disclaimer: My knowledge of Mahindra is that I can spell it correctly most of the time.

For the "clickety click", is it something at the pump or is it the fuel shut-off solenoid. The latter normally makes a single click when you turn the key on and another a few seconds after the engine is shut off.

KingBubba

I will create a different thread about this, but searching about the fuel pump was a real eye opener for sure. The Mahindra parts depot wanted $143 for the pump. Another tractor parts supplier wanted $248 for the pump. Yet another depot for forklifts and the like wanted $558 for the pump.

At this point I smell a great big rat. I do a search on Ebay and after a good search, I found the same pump from California for $13.29 and another from New York for $13.59. I took a chance and bought one from each dealer. There were also about 100 Chinese dealers with the same part for less than $20.

Today I removed the old pump and installed the new one. The wiring plug was even the same configuration. After a painless install I fired up the tractor and it was perfect. The pump was even quieter than the original. This just goes to show what a little research can do. Don't let the bastards drag you down.