Throttle stuck on RTV 900

Kubuta Kelly

The throttle on my RTV 900 is stuck and the problem does not seem to fix itself until it gets above freezing outside. I am using a heater on the engine and this won't fix the problem either. Does anyone know where the throttle goes back to the engine and how to stop this problem from happening?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If you go to the Messick eqpt site, you can view the part s diagram and trace it out. There is a formality to where you have to register your name but not to worry, it is all above board- have your model number/year handy to enter into the area so you get the right diagrams. I buy parts from them. http://www.messicks.com/wiki/kubota/rtv900 Or you might could call them and the parts guys are very polite.
It sounds like water is freezing in the throttle cable or something similar. I'd squirt down it some wd 40 etc to displace the water and go from there - if it were me.
Also, make sure that the fuel pedal is able to move freely- it hay have a glop of crud(like mine) that freezes and hinders the return to normal position. bordercollie

Last edited:

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Certainly seems like Collie is right on the problem. A tiny bit of water can cause the problem. Or a little rust, but water seems to be the culprit since it is fine above freezing. WD40 is good for driving water out, but not ice - so you have to wait until it stays above freezing for a while. Best of luck.

tfdr1

I just went through this with my newly acquired x900. All was well until the temp dropped and the pedal wouldn't move. I ended up pulling the throttle cable out and spraying lots of WD-40 inside it and let it hang next to the furnace in the basement overnight and haven't had problems since. I did buy a new cable for $35 and will put it in when things warm up here.

Dave