How much are Kubota RTVs worth?

PACKASAURAS

I seen a Kubota RTV 900 looked like a 2006 to early 2009 model and they were asking $7,000. It has under 1000 hours on it and has had transmission problems in the past but they have been fixed, they said the Kubota had sit broken down for years before they fixed it so it has been sitting out a while and doesn't look the best but is $7,000 a reasonable price for it? I just recently fixed my RTV 900 and my dad was looking into buying one but is $7,000 reasonable for a Kubota RTV 900 with under a 1000 hours on it?

ovrszd

I think that's too much. Especially when you say it had sat outside broke down.

I paid $5500 for my 08 with 180hrs on it. Always shedded, in excellent condition. I think it was a $7500 machine

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
7k is a good starting point for the price but I would think you could offer less and go away with the RTV. 6k for a barely broken in RTV would be a great price. Somewhere in between might be reality.
I keep an eye out for RTV's for sale out of habit and do not see that many on the market.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
in my opinion it is worth what the cost of repairs would be. for that price you can get an 1100CW with same hours and no repairs. i would bet that machine has been run hard and put up wet to have a tranny failure at 1000 hours, or the hour meter isn't correct.

just my worthless opinion though.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'm in agreement with Arthuritis. The only way I would consider it is if the seller took it to the dealership and they went over with a fine toothed comb and full service at their expense. Transmission failure at only 1000? hrs sounds like possible abuse. I personally like records showing fluid changes etc on machinery. That being said, in August of 2011, I bought my brand new 2011 xt for 12,700 with a hydraulic dump, roof, with the sprayed in bedliner and chrome wheel package and 6 hrs on the machine. The 2011xt also has the updated transmission that shifts easier and goes up levees in H.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll also agree with BC and Arthuritis on getting a dealer involved. I bought my 900 a few years back from a dealer with 750 hours on it. I paid $6800 and it looked a bit rough around the edges. They had just taken it in on trade. The dealer said it needed a u-joint, seat repaired and couple of other issues corrected. They said they would not sell it with known issues so the repairs and a complete service with all fluids and filters were included in the price as was an extended promise that any other issues would corrected for a time after purchase.

They delivered it about two weeks later and it has performed great. I did replace the front drive shaft u-joint and the temperature sensors a while back but it's been a work horse.

Bottom line, get a dealer involved if you feel uneasy.

JEC

I paid 7000 for a 04 that had 400 hrs on it and was so clean you could tell it has been babied!

Kanook

"transmission failure" could be anything from a linkage problem, shifting forks issue, hydro unit failure etc. Too vague a description to speculate in my opinion.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I see RTV's all the time here on Craigslist for $2200; email to some widow to pay for it and get free delivery! :mrgreen:

Actually - I looked for an example and that poor widow didn't have any listed today.

An RTV 800, 2250 hours, for $3,800 was one listing. Photo background is a large commercial orchard so its probably legitimate.

That and another for $10k were the only RTV's listed.