Hey baby, it's dark out there!

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
I'm looking for opinions on the all-around best add on searchlight. Hopefully somebody has already gone through this exercise and has already added one to their unit. I want to be able to reach way out into the darkness so power is defenately a requirement. Also, it needs to be directional, preferably a remote control unit so that wireing is minimal. Any ideas???

XTROOPER

I have seen a lot of info on the "golight." It is on my Kubota RTV bucket list. I just ordered a kolpin 2 in. hitch, but I suspect I will be asking Santa for a golight. I am sure folks that have them will pipe in here. I like the idea that one of them is a powerful spot light, but you can clip on a lens that will convert it into a flood light. Look up the golight on this forum and you will find a lot of info. Good luck. Let there be light!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Check with Two Guns or search for his posts. I think he has one of the Golights. bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Many of us have the GoLight Stryker. It'll exceed all your needs and expectations. It's of very high quality and I can't recall a single problem any member has had with them.
If you go this route, shop around as the prices vary a lot. IIRC, when I got mine, the cheapest price was found on e-bay at $175.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
most times i just ride with the lights of and use night vision.the only problem with those are they are 1x power and things are just a bit closer than they really are . i took out a few small trees in the beginning but now i do just fine.lol for spot lights the go lite is great but to much money for me so i use some flood lights i have mounted to the rops and if i need to see further i use my plug in brinkman 2million candle watt power.try to find a light that is led or cree bulb lit the gree is the brightest and the led comes in a stronge second but they will out last you and they draw way less amp than a regular bulb.alot of dune riders use them because of their light output they come in 12" up to 4' long lights but they will make night turn into day really fast.here's a link to some of them.to give you an idea of how bright they are i have a 700 lumens flashlight and i can start a fire with it .these utv leds pump out 2200lumen and more .

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/products/sfID1/596/sfID2/514/sfID3/518

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
most times i just ride with the lights of and use night vision. i took out a few small trees in the beginning but now i do just fine
LOL, I know what you mean about the small tree stuff. I try to drive the roads around the property with all my lights off, just so that if I ever have to navagate in the dark I won't be doing it for the first time. I generally get brave enough (or stupid enough) to try this after a few beers... :)

My wife gave me some (inexpensive) night vision a long time ago but they really wern't all that good. Gen 1 stuff. I would like to get some good night vision (Gen 3 or 4) but they are several thousand dollars and I just don't have that kind of budget.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
mine are only good for about 250 yards and that it.i done hit so many trees and bushes drivin with them things it's not funny.you look through them and see a tree right there and it's not really there it's a few feet further so you turn to miss it and wam. i kinda got used to them now and i can do pretty good buti don't go any faster than a slow crawl.lmao and yes i wouldn't mind some gen3's .

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
After seeing Two Guns latest thread on the Stryker I remembered that I hadn't updated my original thread. Anyhow, I installed the Golight Stryker with handheld remote. It has exceeded my expectations by a long shot. The beam reaches out forever (and that's a long ways!) and it's a blast to drive around the property at night and light up all the deer and other animals.

An unexpected benefit comes from taking the remote control in the house and being able to turn on the light and scan the meadow outside prior to letting the dogs out in the middle of the night. We have bears and I don't like letting the dogs out when momma is walking the babies.

I was going to upload some pics but I'm getting a missing security token error so you'll just have to use your imagination... :wink:

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i like how you have that light mounted squerly seems like it would work out great atleast i imagine it would lol.