Adding Accessories to RTVX

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I am going to add some accessories soon and wanted to see what the easiest and safest way is to do it.

This is on a RTV-X1120D, 2016 model.
1. Front and rear working lights
2. Rear safety strobe lights
3. Approximately 4000lb winch on a portable receiver like Jonny Gunz uses

Is there a harness I can get to snap into the existing wiring?

Also, not electrical but got a grab handle that mounted easily enough on the drivers side. Kubota chumps the driver on a grab bar for some reason. Anyway, this is helpful with a bad knee. But the darn thing still moves around and I don't want to weld on the roll bar. I think it is a Seizmik UTV grab handle.

Appreciate knowing what has worked for you.

Thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For the grab handle issue, do you have some toolbox drawer liner laying around? Something like this. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_389437_389437

I don't have a grab handle but I put this product on the seat so the dog doesn't slide around especially when descending steep hills. Holds the dog in place very nicely.

If you went around the ROPS once with this product then put the handle on over it, it may keep it in place.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You can copy and past the link (if it is a short one) or type in the site name to get there ....hope to fix the vigilink issue one way or another.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Uuuup...........outline the link....control c. (shortcut for copy).....go up to the address line....erase it or backspace it clean and then control v for paste....there it is

Old Man 1944

Gold Site Supporter
I am going to add some accessories soon and wanted to see what the easiest and safest way is to do it.

This is on a RTV-X1120D, 2016 model.
1. Front and rear working lights
2. Rear safety strobe lights
3. Approximately 4000lb winch on a portable receiver like Jonny Gunz uses

Is there a harness I can get to snap into the existing wiring?

Also, not electrical but got a grab handle that mounted easily enough on the drivers side. Kubota chumps the driver on a grab bar for some reason. Anyway, this is helpful with a bad knee. But the darn thing still moves around and I don't want to weld on the roll bar. I think it is a Seizmik UTV grab handle.

Appreciate knowing what has worked for you.

Thanks

Looks like no one has answered your requests. I do not have a RTV-X1120D, but have a 1100CWX that I did most of the improvements.

It looks like you will have to run wiring to the top of your roll bars for the working lights and strobe (a given).

Be sure when you buy a winch you get the wiring harness and the relay, it makes it so much easier.

As for the handle, I too can relate. Using the steering wheel to get in is not as handy. I would assume you could make one and weld it on. Or have someone do it.

Now if someone that may have done some of these thing would post some suggestions. :bump::bump::bump:

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Visited the dealer today. They advise there is a multi-outlet wiring harness already on the unit but you have to buy a kit that includes a fuse block, switches and pig tails to connect up accessories (part VC5080.) I am going to check with another dealer just to be sure. Seems a little more complicated than I thought but we will get it done.

Johnny Gunz

I used a KFI 120" Quick connect wiring connection that is hooked to solenoid/battery and routed to under driver seat compartment where i keep it rolled up. On the winch end, I went with KFI 18" Quick connect. Both ordered from Summit Racing. I think I paid $75 total for both wire/connections. Also, consider looking at the Viper Max 5000 winch. Excellent reviews and i have been totally impressed with mine. Under $250 and comes with a mounting plate that you can weld to a hitch mount for quick relocation from front to back.

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice looking RTV Old Man.
I went ahead and added the pic of your RTV to your post for easier viewing.