Getting Ready for Winter

628pm

Site Supporter
Bought my 2014 RTV X900 earlier this year. Decided to use it for pushing snow this winter. Will order a Boss V Plow when they come in at a dealer online. (Supposed to be arriving at dealer 1st week of Sept). Going to add doors and back glass on my RTV also. Several questions for the members

1. Has anyone found a back sliding glass for the rear glass, if so where from.

2. Has anyone installed the factory heat on their RTV or what have you used.

Thanks for the info.

rgm

My 05 900 has the OEM heater and it works great. When it's below zero, I keep the jacket on, but most of the time the jackets off and I have to open the window a little when plowing.

You have to give up a cup holder for the defroster vent, but it's easy to put the coffee in the passenger side cup holder. I usually lay a towel at the back of the seat to cover the holes for the seat belt mounts. The towel also helps keep dust from rolling into the cab on dirt roads in the summer time.

Mine has a vinyl rear window so I can't help you there.

Rich

Matt

Don't have any of the answers your looking for because I'm in the same boat, I was wondering what plow options are out there besides the Expensive V-plow option? I figured the X has been out a little longer and may be some new options.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Don't have any of the answers your looking for because I'm in the same boat, I was wondering what plow options are out there besides the Expensive V-plow option? I figured the X has been out a little longer and may be some new options.

This is the Curtis (Kubota) manual turn, electric lift plow. It was $1700 from my local Kubota dealer. I bought the 04 from them last year and they installed the plow free as part of the sale. The mounting of the Curtis to the front of the 900 is substantial and don't buy a cheap plow that has wimpy mounts unless you love to weld instead of moving snow.

100_1301_zpsd36f64dd.jpg

100_1304_zps35ec9425.jpg

It took a pretty good licking over the winter and no damage.

628pm

Site Supporter
I have the chance of buying the V Plow for a little over 3K, I will have to put it together, but looking at the manual, it shouldn't be much of a problem. I always hated getting off my B2620 to change the angle of my back blade when pushing snow. So I am biting the bullet for the lazy man's way of doing it with the Boss V Plow. I think Boss's straight plow is around 500.00 cheaper. Just debating on adding the OEM heater to my unit.

Matt

Thanks avantiguy, 628, that 3k is over the hydraulics you would need to add as well - correct?

628pm

Site Supporter
No the hydraulics are part of the system, you run it off of your battery which runs the hydraulic system on the plow. Look up boss vplow on YouTube the system is pretty neat.

Matt

No the hydraulics are part of the system, you run it off of your battery which runs the hydraulic system on the plow. Look up boss vplow on YouTube the system is pretty neat.
If you get it will you please post some pics, thanks for the info.

628pm

Site Supporter
Supposedly the vplow will be coming in the 1st week of Sept, then I will purchase it and have it shipped to me. Once I have it set up I will post some pictures to this thread.