RTV X1100 new speakers

Nevadablue

I'll be watching too. Sounds interesting. I needs shelves / storage space worse than anything, even speakers. LOL

Me too. The roof is so HIGH, I think that the speaker cabinet could easily become an 'overhead bin' too.

I'm working on an idea for a 'center console' too. My little dawg likes to get as close to the windshield as she can, for better seeing... So, I stood an old metal milk crate, the wire kind, in the middle of the floor and put her blanket on it. Works great, but takes up too much floor space and gives zero extra storage. I am thinking of a small cabinet that will sit in there and serve two purposes and not get in the way.

ovrszd

One of my Winter shop projects is going to be to build a storage bin under the hood. Lot of unused space there with an older 900 model. I can buy a storage bin thru Kubota but it's stupid expensive. I'll build something instead. I'll post a thread when I get around to it. :)

T

Toolman77

Another update, I received my material back from being CNC water jet cut and I am ready to start forming and assembling. I hope to do some of them this weekend. Thanks for everyone's input.
Tim C.

T

Toolman77

image.jpgThey are ready, I am waiting on the mirrors so I can assemble them, they should be here tomorrow. I am also waiting on some boxes so I can ship them in. I will send a pm and let everyone that had interest know how much and get the info for shipping. I am not sure if the postal service or ups will be least costly option.

T

Toolman77

Here is a photo of the mirrors. I should have these tomorrow and then I just need to assemble. I will ship these in the same box for those that want the mirrors also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 273
T

Toolman77

Yes the holes are for 6 1/2" speakers, I used Polk DB 651 speakers but I think any 6 1/2" speaker will work. If the mounting hole pattern is different on the speakers you choose you can drill new holes if needed.

DwRam

Site Supporter
Don't need speakers. But I sure like the mirrors. I'm still in for a pair.
Let me know what you need.
Happy New Year to all.

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
You can text me also if capability allows.
ZIP CODE 48651
TEXT TO 810-750-5574
Text me the pricing for both, and then 1 just for the mirrors.
Thanks Frederick

T

Toolman77

Stacy,
The mirror brackets will only fit the RTV X1100 not the older model.
Thanks for your interest, Tim

DwRam

Site Supporter
Stacy,
The mirror brackets will only fit the RTV X1100 not the older model.
Thanks for your interest, Tim

Here is a picture of my 2012 RTV1100. They look pretty close.
Any chance you could make a modification? Or I'll buy one bracket and see if I
can make it work?

Attachments

• RTV100 Lt Hinge.jpg
    RTV100 Lt Hinge.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 224
  • RTV1100 Rt Hinge.jpg
    RTV1100 Rt Hinge.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 219

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Glad that came up, mine is a 2011 RTV1100 same as in the pics above (Hinge)
That means that probably neither of these great project's will work on the older 1100's.
Has anyone validated the fact that the mirrors will not work, the Bolt span/pattern look very close.

1HOTDJ

image-2118231228.jpg

Turned out Great. Sound Great too.

image-2953809008.jpg

Bought this little holder at WalMart. It's got suction cups to hold it to the glass.

image-2451832231.jpg

Another Basket with Velcro on the bottom.

Attachments

• image-2787127355.jpg
    image-2787127355.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 179
  • image-4259644905.jpg
    image-4259644905.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 185