Out with the Old, In with the New

628pm

Site Supporter
Phil and Jeff from Sloan Equipment in Effingham Il, brought my new 2018 John Deere Gator XUV 835M to its new home today. Hated to see the Kubota x900 go, but sometimes you have to try something different.

Phil was very helpful, the kind of dealer you like working with.

First impressions
Much quieter than the Kubota (diesel versus gas)
Much faster than the Kubota (Gator 54 hp)
Ride better in the Gator, heater and factory air in Gator

What I have to get use to in the shifting. In the kubota you could just get out once you stop while in gear and it wouldn't go anyplace. Gator, you need to put it in neutral, then set the brake, (no park, don't know if any utv's have park?)

Oh the boss was checking his seating location already.

I will never say anything bad about the Kubota, it is a great vehicle and it has worked for me for 4 years.

Bill

Attachments

• oldk1.jpg
    oldk1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 51
  • oldk2.jpg
    oldk2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 51
  • newjd1.jpg
    newjd1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 52
  • newjd2.jpg
    newjd2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 51
  • newjd3.jpg
    newjd3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 51
  • newjd5.jpg
    newjd5.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 50
  • newjd6.jpg
    newjd6.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 50

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It does indeed look nice. :clap: :clap:

I had the same habit of getting out of my kubota RTV without changing to neutral or setting the brake. On mostly level ground that works like a charm. I added a Honda Pioneer to our stable last December. It has a Park gear but no emergency brake. I really wish it had an emergency brake ...but the point of all this was to say that I had to get used to putting it in park before exiting the vehicle. Even on flat ground it would run away on me.
Congrats on your new workhorse. Please post tidbits on it as you can.

628pm

Site Supporter
Yes the seats are nice and comfortable. Leg room is great also. I don't want to knock the kubota because it is a workhorse, I don't need a workhorse anymore or if I ever did. 835M with HVAC is just a nice utv for use around the farm and taking the dog for a ride. Heater will blow you out, the dealer said the AC will do the same in the summer, I guess I will see.

RKP in SB

Phil and Jeff from Sloan Equipment in Effingham Il, brought my new 2018 John Deere Gator XUV 835M to its new home today. Hated to see the Kubota x900 go, but sometimes you have to try something different.

Phil was very helpful, the kind of dealer you like working with.

First impressions
Much quieter than the Kubota (diesel versus gas)
Much faster than the Kubota (Gator 54 hp)
Ride better in the Gator, heater and factory air in Gator

What I have to get use to in the shifting. In the kubota you could just get out once you stop while in gear and it wouldn't go anyplace. Gator, you need to put it in neutral, then set the brake, (no park, don't know if any utv's have park?)

Oh the boss was checking his seating location already.

I will never say anything bad about the Kubota, it is a great vehicle and it has worked for me for 4 years.

Bill
Very nice machine, I bet you'll love it!

I had a John Deere Gator 620i XUV that I really liked, so when I decided to get rid of my John Deere X739 (which I did NOT like) and go back to a UTV for snow removal duties, my first though was to get another Gator, the 835R. When I added the plow and a few other things, though, it was over $30,000 and they wouldn't budge. On top of that, neither of 2 JD dealers would take the X739 (25 hours, basically brand new) on trade.

So then I visited the Kubota dealer. I figured the RTV-X1100C would do everything the Gator would do except go fast and they came in at $23,000 with the hydraulic straight plow, work lights, etc. Better yet, they gave me $16,000 for that JD X739.

So now I'm the proud owner of a new Kubota -- but I still have fond memories of my old Gator!

Attachments

• IMG_2594.jpg
    IMG_2594.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 29

628pm

Site Supporter
Great that you got a good deal on your kubota rtv. My x900 I had for 4 years was great.

Going fast was never an issue with me , my new gator will supposedly go 46 miles an hour, I won’t have it go that fast.

Good luck on your new machine. it Is my understanding that you should stay away from bio diesel.