pop up ad at botton of page

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
a couple of days ago i started getting an advertisement that pops up at the bottom of my page and only on this forum. i can't find the cancel x to close it. does any one else have this???

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Me too. The close button is about 2 or 3 inches up on the bottom right hand corner of the computer. I can only see part of the word close though because I have my screen enlarged. I guess it depends on how you have your screen set as to exactly where it is.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's not mine or part of the forum on purpose. Might be malware. I will check to see what I can find out.
I'm trying to contract to add some ads here to help pay the bills but so far I have not had any takers.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
AAANNNDDDD now it's gone!:wow::wow:

It's not mine or part of the forum on purpose. Might be malware. I will check to see what I can find out.
I'm trying to contract to add some ads here to help pay the bills but so far I have not had any takers.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I see it now. don't know why it's there. I'll see if I can fix this. sorry guys.

T

Toolman77

Pop up

It shows up on the computer and yes every time I refresh or go to a new page, however it does not show up when I use my IPad. I love the modern age, lol
Tim

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I don't see them but ad blocker says there are two ads blocked when I get on the site.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
OK, I just went and added "adblock" also called ABP. https://adblockplus.org/ It is so easy to add to chrome and it is free! It took a micro second to do it. No ad here at the bottom now . Yaaay ! collie

edit: I still see the paid sponsor's ad (Messick's ) at the top which is good for us.

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am fighting this ad. I'm glad you were able o block to collie but I can't do that. I have no clue how they got on here.
Liberty link is a real company ownd by bayer. someone somehow has stuck it so that it shows up with every page on here. I am looking for outside help as I am stumped. :angry: Spammers. Drive me crazy.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, this problem for you on the site, has prodded me ... rarely do we find something nice and enjoyable on the internet . A forum site like "our family" here at NTT is almost unheard of... so.. I think it is time for a contribution. Tell me again... what name to" type in" after we click on the donate button above? I just want to do it right. Thank you Doc for your hard work. God bless ya. collie

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Right there with you on this Bordercollie........Been a verrrrry long time Doc that we actually put up to keep this site going. It does make it rare to have a place like this that is truly family, with God, and doesn't need a bunch of monitoring to keep the cyber bullies, rudeness, and just plain jerks.........Yes, we get them; but then one way or the other they seem to go away.........
Anyway, DOC..........Doing this IS NOT FREE......The time you put in is a blessing for the rest of us. THANK YOU..............How hard would it be for you to take off all of the "supporter" banners of one type or another and start out fresh?????????

No, I don't have much of anything except beans and rice; but I see folks come on here buying their new tractors, toys, and on and on..........How many other sites can folks go to that are "FREEEEEEE"????........This costs nothing and folks get so much from it.......
So, take down the banners and lets see some support that is fresh, not 2 or 3 years old...........Just thinking..........God bless.......Dennis

T

Toolman77

Doc,
I am in too, I enjoy this site and I learn a lot from it. This is a great group of people and I think many of us would like to help if we can. This site has helped me being able to sell a few items and has given me good ideas to build things that i like to do. When any of us has a issue or problem we come here for help. So just let us know exactly how to help.
Thanks you, Tim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Collie, D&D and Toolman. :tiphat:

To donate just click the donate button, put in the amount you want to donate, (reason is optional but please put in your member name and Net Tractor Talk support). Then click next. The money you donate will go into my DotHQ account.
Or go to your paypal account page and click the 'send money' button. And type in gregp@dothq.com for person to send to. Again, please mention Net Tractor Talk and your member name in the comments so I know who made the donation.

I wish I could turn off the liberty link banner ad. I get less than 1/2 cent for clicks but this is a rouge ad that I have no control over and get no revenue from.

I sincerely appreciate the kind words guys. I would love to turn off banner ads and will promise to do so if we raise enough to cover forum costs. Thanks again!!!!!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Doc. The paid ad at the top doesn't bother me and I appreciate them for supporting the site - it's the freeloader at the bottom that actually intrudes on the reading of the posts that is annoying . collie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Totally agree collie. The dang thing is frozen in place. I can't even scroll it off the screen. Arrrrggggg I apologize guys. I've never been stumped by something like this before. Even the source code is not giving me the answer. I'm embarrassed about that.