Now it's a Deere

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Ok, Windows 10 and my main puter now is a Microsoft pro 3 tablet..........up pops a Deer greene stripe all the way across and then it goes away. Then this strip of video ads for deere products is there instead. One can X this out; but its there on....Edge, IE 10, Mozilla, and yes, on IE and Mozilla running adblock plus which wont run on edge yet but will supposedly soon..........ONLY ON THIS SITE..........

T

Toolman77

I got the same thing, now I need to wait for the green bar to drop down and then click the x. it comes up with every page just like before.
I guess it is the modern age and the people that do this is a lot smarter then me.
Tim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I saw that last night on my winders 10 laptop. I'm at work today behind a firewall they block all the ad traffice so I don't see it now.
I've no clue where this is coming from guys. I've asked at vbulletin and other admin sites but no one has an answer as of yet.. Frustrating.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thats because like usual windows 10 sucks.
agree 100% on that.

I sure see the ugly ag solutions ad. No john deere. And I can hit the x and make it go away, until I click another page. So aggravating.

ovrszd

I'm so computer illiterate it ain't funny. So don't think I'm doubting.

Why don't you guys like 10? I swapped from 7 on this laptop and from 8 on the desk computer and saw improvement in ease of use for both.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Not gonna argue about apples and oranges and which has more seeds.......lol....probably watermelons........Just fired up the old XP Dell Video Laptop, which in it's day was a workhorse on our mobile jobs for the military, Oprah, Fox, Outdoor Channel and on and on......Anyway, It didn't have the problem with ads at the bottom of the page.......

Now, I see a Messicks ad, and the Bayer stuff.......I guess it's what I do with my 4th wife asking for help getting her car started after I was with the 6th.....Ignore.......God bless........Dennis

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
that is the way mine was from the start. a big green stripe that took 1/4 of the bottom of my page. then i had to wait until the green went away to expose the ads and the x so i could get out. my connection is slow and it took it a long time to load before i could get rid of it. i installed uBlock Origin and now it is gone. the addon says it is blocking four objects when i am on here.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made a little headway last night. ....I know the culprit. I hope to be able to make it disappear later this evening. At least I have a clue now. Geesh I apologize to all, especially those with a slow connection. I know how aggravating that can be.

I know it makes it hard to type but .....Keep your fingers crossed and maybe it will be gone by this time tomorrow morning.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Thanks Doc! i couldn't imagine how to make a site like this work. carry on the good work I appreciate it.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Bud.........NOBODY IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE JOB YOU DO......Golly, the best this ol guy does is try to figure out how to get this pencil pointer gizmo thing to work with this puter, let alone how to get rid of ANY kind of trash that invades the code or workings of a website......for real....God bless YOU......Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
No complaints from me neither! I love "our" site and appreciate your running it and giving us the freedom to speak that very few other sites have. :tiphat: YOU ARE GREAT DOC ! collie

T

Toolman77

no complaints from me ether, I deal with computer issues all the time at work and it is a pain sometimes. I am just happy to be able to be a part of this group of good hardworking, GOD loving members. Keep up the good work and do not think for a minute that all of us are complaining because we are not.
Tim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Guys!!!!!! I sure appreciate the great attitudes. I enjoy this type of work most of the time, this one still has me stumped but I think we are on the path to cutting it off.

Thanks again all!!!!!!!!

ovrszd

I still don't understand why it doesn't affect everyone?? It seems that usually I'm having the problem and everyone else isn't. Now I jinxed myself...... ;)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I hope the ad at the bottom is gone for everyone now. Whew. A tough one but I think it is Gone-ski