Kubota 245DT

Black Cloud

Just an update as I sort of fell of the map there for awhile. I was the guy who broke my favourite toy in half about this time last year. I had a subframe built that ties into the loader subframe and after putting about 30 hours on the hoe the tractor seems to be holding up well. Unfortunately up until a month ago I only managed about 3 hours on the machine as the front end drives both seized. After chasing parts and $1800 we are back in action. I bought this tractor from an outfit called Used Handlers Equipment in Vancouver BC. At this point I would have to say they saw me coming. It only had 792 hours on it so that was a big selling feature. They told me it did not need a sub frame for the hoe which did not work out very well. Everything is working smoothly now so here's hoping.
The Hanmey Backhoe (Chinese) seems to be up to the task and no real complaints other than the mickey mouse control handles. There is a bit of hydraulic slippage ( my choice of words as I am not a mechanic ) on one of the stabilizers but once I get the time that should be a relatively easy fix. I have not had to order any parts for it yet so cannot report on that aspect of the product yet.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the update. :thumb:
Glad to hear you have worked your way past all the issues and you can do some real work now.

3PH Hoes do work, but they put a strain on the tractor. Lots of folks use them without issue; but others run into the same situation you did. For that exact reason I'm holding out for a sub frame hoe, or even more preferably a track hoe.
Track hoes can be had for close to the price of a sub frame hoe. But since I don't have 10k to put into it, I remain hoe-less. :(

May your tractoring by smooth and easy with no issues from here on out. Good luck. :tiphat: