TYM Tractors

M

mtntopper

I have been looking at the TYM tractor web site (http://www.tym-america.com/index.php) and think they have an excellent looking tractor line up. I do like the use of the Caterpillar engine in my favorite model T603. They also use quality diesels like Mitsubishi, John Deere and Kubota in their other tractors. I like the design on the T603 best. It just looks sharp, but looking sharp does not make it perform. Are TYM tractors close in quality and abililty to the John Deere, Kubota and New Holland?

Can anyone on the forum share any experiences/info on the TYM tractors, good or bad?

The newest member of the stable is the all new, and very stylish K6 model T603. Designed from the ground up to be the best in its class the K6 is the first of TYM’s new range of Cat powered units, and every deer knows that nothing runs like a CAT! :poke:
t603_big.jpg

larryRB

I had a Mahindra 4110 which, is a TYM tractor with Daedong (Kioti) engine, tractor was OK and did what I wanted, Not particulary in love with a Daedong motor though. Cat owns Perkins and someone told me it was really a Perkins engine in the new 603. SO, is it really a Cat or one of their privately owned companies that can use the cat name?

M

mtntopper

TYM603 Tractor (3024CT) Caterpillar (Perkins) Engine Info:
Perkins Engines Co. Ltd. has opened its second new manufacturing plant in less than a year. Perkins, a Caterpillar company, along with its long-time partner Japan's Ishikawajima Shibaura Machinery Co. Ltd. (ISM), will start production in Griffin Ga later this summer at what is officially Perkins Shibaura Engines LLC. This is the first dedicated sub100 tap industrial diesel engine plant in the United States.

It will be an engine made in America, the first time ever that Perkins has manufactured engines of this size here. Being located in the eastern U.S., the Griffin facility will be in close proximity to a high percentage of our North America customers," Canham added.

The 55,000 sq.ft, facility will assemble the Perkins 400 series of two-, three and four-cylinder, turbocharged and naturally aspirated, indirect-injection diesels, with outputs from 10 to 60 bhp. Griffin will also manufacture the Caterpillar model 3011C to 3024CT diesels, which are based on the same platform as the 400 series. The Perkins 400 series had heretofore been built only in Peterborough and by ISM in Japan.

Mith

They also use quality diesels like Mitsubishi, John Deere and Kubota in their other tractors

I was under the impression that yanmar made the small diesels for John Deere, do Deere actually make any of their own?

PBinWA

TYM is interesting. They split the country into TYM-America and TYM-USA. I think the West Coast is TYM-USA and the east and south is TYM-America.

Some of the TYM-USA models use Kubota engines.

Mark777

Hello and welcome to NTT dgl24087!

Do you own a TYM Machine? I must admit they are interesting and becoming a little more popular around these parts...but I know very little of their history.

Mark

Dougster

Old Member
Hello and welcome to NTT dgl24087!

Do you own a TYM Machine? I must admit they are interesting and becoming a little more popular around these parts...but I know very little of their history.

Mark
TYM manufactured my 2004 Mahindra 4110. They continue to manufacture the Mahindra 4110, 3510, 4510 and 7010. Others in the Mahindra 10-series have been replaced recently with machines made by Mitsubishi and Mahindra. Concurrent with Mahindra moving away from the TYM machines, TYM is bringing their own branded machines to America. From what I can tell, the Korean-made TYM's are every bit as good as the Mahindra 10-Series except that the FEL's are no longer made by KMW and the backhoes are no longer made by Bradco. So far, I think I'd rather have the KMW and the Bradco attachments... but I must admit that I have not actually tried the new TYM-made attachments.

Fair warning: TYM did experiment briefly with bringing in a Chinese-made tractor under the TYM brand name. I was told this was a failed "left coast only" experiment, but the units sometimes still appear on eBay from time to time with no one pointing out any difference. From every indication, they are not in the same class as the high quality tractors TYM made in Korea for Mahindra. They appear far more comparable to the Chinese Jinma tractors.

My nearest tractor dealership recently converted from M-F and Kioti to TYM. A new, well-financed, more aggressive TYM dealership also appeared last year in Springfield, MA. While my local dealer continues to suffer for many reasons, the Springfield operation appears to be very successful. I would have no hesitation recommending a TYM to a friend provided he dealt with a financially-strong dealership.

Dougster

Mark777

The latest word I heard is that Yanmar no longer makes engines for JD.

That’s a good question (?), and one nobody can seem to answer.

Just a few months ago I was convinced that John Deere and Yanmar had, indeed, parted company but they still manufacture tractors with the Yanmar components and engines to date.

Perhaps their long term contract has ended…but to the benefit of both companies an extension to the existing contract or a new and shorter one has become agreed upon. It’s my understanding that the following tractors are offered and still powered by Yanmar: 4100, 4200, 4300, 4400, 4500, 4600, 4010, 4110, 4115, 4210, 4310, 4410, 4510, 4610, 4710, 2210, 2305, 2320, 2520, 3120, 3203, 3320, 3520, and 3720. The previous contract built John Deere’s tractors above should include the earlier as well: 650, 655, 670, 750, 755, 770, 790, 850, 855, 870, 950, 955, 970, 990, 1050, 1070, 1250, 1450 and 1650.

(I might have my "once was"…and "now is" overlapping a bit, I’m not sure, but still that’s a pretty impressive stable of tractors in my opinion)

Mark

PBinWA

My Mahindra dealer: http://www.valleyviewtractors.com also sells TYM tractors. He thinks they are a good value and well built. I've checked them out on his lot and think they are a well made tractor.

If I decide to get a bigger tractor I would certainly consider purchasing a TYM.

rback33

Welcome! Now start a thread on your tractor and show us some pics! :tiphat:

Now THAT was subtle! :pat::yum:

As you mentioned.. it IS now TYM USA. One company covering the whole country. They have some nice stuff I think and are headed in the right direction. PB has a really great dealer BTW....

Rad

TYM 451 a great addition to my tool rake

I own a 451 and could not be more pleased with with the unit. I have moved over 100 tons of gravel and a sh*t load of snow this winter and It has performed great. The loader can handle full loads without a burp, I also have a 7ft. blade on the back. I push snow in the front and finish the process with the back blade. I have the ag tires liquid filled and the traction even in the snow is great. Never needed chains, when all my neighbors had to use them. The heated and air cond. cab with heppa filter is truly the ONLY way to go. I looked at most all of the tractors and compared, TYM was an easy choice even though I had never heard of them before. I grew up farming/ranching in So. Dak. running Case and Deere. When I compared all the specs including warranty and played with the units, all with an open mind, I decided to buy a tractor I had never heard of. Every time I use it, it supports my decision.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Rad. Sounds like you found a good one. How about sharing some pics of it with us here? And, welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
Enjoy and post often! :thumb: :D

Rad

My 451 photo

A pix of my toy not earning it's keep, it's just sitting there looking way to clean.

Attachments

• Rads Red.jpg
    Rads Red.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 491