1989 Belerus tractor ?

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
My search continues Fellers for a good tractor for loader work as well as mowing . Is anyone familiar with this brand of tractor ? 1989 Belerus tractor with loader. 80 hp, cab, 3 pt, 540 pto. 3,500 hr. Good condition .

This might be more then what I need but asking price is 7500 , 4wd , loader & a cab with heat & air . Any thoughts . As ussual I,ll be buying site unseen & He did say He could deliver it . Thanks Bob

Attachments

• tractor 2.jpg
    tractor 2.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 64
  • tractor 3.jpg
    tractor 3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 63

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like it's a 2wd unit. Is it gas or diesel? Do you know the engine make? I'm not familiar with that tractor make at all.
With that many hours and being 2wd it does not sound like a bargain to me. JMHO.

B

bczoom

Belarus is a former Soviet Block made tractor. If you're mechanically inclined, it may be a good tractor for you. They're made very simple so they can be worked on (or fixed) with a limited amount of knowledge and tools (like in the rural areas of the former USSR).
See if it has an owners manual... in English.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Guys . Heres His Reply Im waiting to talk to him in Person & find out more . Bob

Quote / I only have a couple more photos at this time. Maybe I can take some tomorrow. Yes it is a diesel 4 wd. Not aware of anything wrong wit it except maybe a drip on the loader cylinders which could be fixed with seals. Also won't guarentee that the AC will work without recharging, of course that is the last thing we need today- its brutal cold here. Delivery would be no problem. I am coming that way on Thursday but that may be too soon for you to decide. They are good heavy made tractors but just not as refined as we expect now. /End Quote

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds more interesting. How long has he owned it? If not long that's a strike against it in my book.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
My former coworker had one. I don't think he was pleased with the amount of repairs and availability of parts.

shvl73

That has alot more hours than you usually see on Belarus tractors. Ask for the model # & look it up on tractorhouse.com. They are known to be somewhat crude. Most I have heard are leaky hydraulics. Ask if it is air cooled. I don't think the larger ones are but, good to know depending on your area. I would thoroughly research parts availability.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks again Guys . Hes got another ford tractor for sale as well 5000 model I beleive Perty nice But no loader or 4 wd . I,ve been Researchin since I posted this & I think its Problly a good tractor & I beleive the fellers only replacing it & the ford because He,s needing more HP & just Downsizing to one tractor .

Which is what I,ve been trying to do . I,ve just really been wanting to get a little bigger Tractor . Mines doin fine & still no problems , I sold the others I had & kept the one I,ve used the most ( Iseki 255 / 155 Koyker loader ) Its been a horse so far but since I,m down to 1 tractor now , I,m really wanting to update , But cant afford to work on something after I buy it .

To be honest the cab is what made me want it . Its not like I need that much HP , I mainlly use My tractor for the loader/ digging ( Pond ) Clearing the drives of snow as well as Grading & I,m perty hard on it , But since its the last one I have I,ve been using it for mowing as well with a 6 foot finish mower , I,m only dealing with around 10 or so acres as far as mowing , My wife takes care of the rest with the riding mower .

Anyway Fellers I apreciate the input , I,ll problly pass on this one as well . I,ve thought about getting a good sized ZTR of some kind just for mowing the pasture & keep My Iseki for the loader work / grading the drive , & Any snow moving .

So any thoughts on a good used brand ztr Or what to look for ( 5 to 6 foot cut Minimum ) . I just dont want to mow for 5 minutes & work on it for 55 minutes .

I dont care about perty or shiny , just Dependable & low maintenence .

Thanks again , Bob

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Don't even think about wiring him the money until you have driven up to look it over.

Craigslist has a warning that EVERY SINGLE pay-before-delivery offer on their site is fraudulent.

Maybe the odds that this tractor exists are better, maybe 50/50, wherever you found this one - still bad odds!!! Then you need to appraise if it is in running condition, which is less likely for an old Belarus than say a Deere.

I read somewhere that there are warehouses full of crude and rusting Belarus spare parts in Eastern Europe, made under a production-quota system 20-30 years ago, that have outlasted the tractors they were intended for. Good luck getting someone to ship needed parts to the US. I expect it would take a long time, maybe multiple orders to different vendors each claiming access to Belarus parts.

In other words a Belarus is worth something, but I think you need to discount it heavily for the difficulty getting obscure parts.

Oops, I see you just posted. :pat: I'll post this anyway.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks California , I Know all about the scams , Never fell for one Myself , But Know lots of people who have .

I never pay for anything untill its on the Property & I have a chance to make sure its what someone says it is . But as I said I dont drive , Nor have I left the property going on 7 years so My Buying options are different then most normal folks :tiphat: .

If Its priced cheap or fair enough for Me & I can get them to deliver it after talking to them in person then I,ll take it in as is condition & take My chances . I Know what questions to ask before I make a deal & all I ever ask of anyone is its what they say it is . If it wont start & drive off the trailer for Me Then They can take it back home .

If I,m happy with it & its unloaded , I give them the cash , then its mine & if the Moter falls out on the ground after they Leave well Thats My problem . I never claimed to be a very good Buisnisman :yum: , But I,ve been perty lucky so far & I buy everything this way . Unless My wife orders Me something online or can pick it up Locally .

Theres not much I cant fix Myself , But as You brought up the Parts availability can be a huge issue on lots of equipment these days . Thats why I like to Run it by Ya,ll first if I,m not familiar with brands :respect: .

bgzoom , Ive been thinking about doing exactlly what You suggested . So I,ll keep searching for the right deal . Thanks again to all for the advice . :respect: . Bob

Erik

Bob,
was talking to Bill at Straub's down your way this week and he has a 1999 TYM 39Y (now it's called the T390).
No cab, but 39 Hp, mfwd, loader, rear electric connection (maybe a 7 round?), 2 sets of rear remotes, and about 1329 hours -- no cab, and asking price is $8500.
drop me an email if you want to look at the pics he sent me.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Email sent Thanks Erik . I aint familiar with that Brand either , But sounds interesting .Bob

Erik

Bob, send me a PM with your email - I had left work for the weekend by the time you answered - but i can forward the email I got from the dealer from home.
TYM is a Korean company, they make pretty good machines with plenty of weight for decent traction. They built for other companies for years before getting into the market on their own name. For example, my Mahindra 3510 was built by TYM. (and other than age & HP could be a younger brother to the one for sale)

shvl73

My Mahindra 2810 is a TYM unit also, as are (I believe) all the 10 series Mahindras. I've been happy with it & have almost 1100 hours on it now.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Erik , Oddly Enough I found this one on an online Tractor site , the other day & started trying to do some reasearch , & Couldn,t find out much good or bad , But it was not Priced . In that Listing it Said a 2000 model & 41 HP call for price , But its exactlly the same pic & Business You sent the pics from .

Have You ever dealt with these folks before ? Seems Odd They cant get the Info right . But I,m definatlly interested . Also Buying from a Dealer I,m assumin Sales tax on top of that . I,ve never bought Anything from a dealer so I,m not sure how that works . Would You expect it to come with a warranty , Can They supply parts if needed , Will They deal on price for a cash sale , Or Posablly bring it out for a test drive & If I liked it , Givem the cash & its a done deal ?

Sorry for all the Questions , I just dont know how things work these days as far as Dealers & such or what to expect . Any other input would be apreciated As I might call call them tommorow Or first of the week . Thanks again . Its Exactlly what I,m looking for . Bob

Erik

These are the guys I bought my machine from on Rback33's recommendation.
yes, they're a dealership.
I'm betting the confusion comes from it not always being easy to tell model year and manufacture year on the Asian machines, not a lack of honesty or knowledge on their part.
I had seen it on TractorHouse as well, with it listed as a TYM T390 - I think there was a change in model name around 1999-2000.

no, you shouldn't have to pay sales tax on AG equipment -- you just have to sign the tax exemption stating it will not be used for other business purposes.
yes, they might be willing to make a cash deal - and I suspect it would be worth calling and talking to Bill to see if he can bring it out for you to test drive.
I doubt there's any warranty, but parts shouldn't be a problem, since this is likely going to share a lot of parts with the 3510 and 4110 Mahindra's they have sold a ton of over the past few years.

Call and talk to Bill - he'll either be willing to deal and bring it out for a test drive, or he won't - but at least it's a local call, so all you'll be out is the time it takes to ring him up. I'd call tomorrow or Monday. Wednesday he'll be heading up to my neck of the woods for the Ag show in Topeka and won't be back to Wichita until Saturday night, so his time will be tight this week.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Just the info I was lookin for Erik , Many thanks again . I,ll give Bill a call in the morning . I,,l let You know how it goes . Thanks Bob