17 hours and I broke my Bobcat ct235

Melensdad

Gold Site Supporter
Ok well I didn't really break it.

I just pulled the handle off the lever for the 3pt position control.

Its not pinned or glued or screwed on. Just pressure fit. So it slipped off was I was pulling back on the lever. Not really happy with that because it now slips off easier after that first time.

Overall I'm still very pleased with this tractor. I'm still waiting for my 62" bucket. The dealer loaner skid-steer bucket is on the FEL and its way too big for the tractor, I can easily load that bucket with more than the tractor can lift or tip back. A regular tractor bucket will work better but as I'm moving lots of dirt, gravel, cobblestones and clay I really don't mind the extra capacity. But the big bucket it harder to use for some of the more delicate dumping in tight spaces around landscaping, along fences, etc so I'm hoping the dealer gets my bucket in stock soon.

12 yards of topsoil arrived this morning, along with 4 more yards of large cobblestone (6" to 8" diameter). I still have about 30 yards of clay that are left to be moved. Once all of it is moved to where it belongs then I have to start the grading and raking to get the contours of the privacy berm completed . . . so I can plant grass again.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Glad to hear it was only something minor.

I can't think of the last time I used that lever on my tractor...

Melensdad

Gold Site Supporter
I think that my become brittle in the winter?

That is why I am leaning toward either 2 part epoxy or a rivet.