Hello from way down under

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hello, welcome!

I have a YM186D also. I bought it last summer. Here's a thread where I described it.

I sure hope yours is prettier than mine!

Is that Carraro articulated? I have always been curious about those.

Do you have any photos you could post? We love photos.

Again, welcome aboard!

Iangb

Is that Carraro articulated? I have always been curious about those.

Do you have any photos you could post? We love photos.

Again, welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome.
The Carraro is a rigid frame model (but oscillating ie. the frame has a barrel bearing that allows the front to twist up to 15 deg either way)

A couple of pics showing the tractor and the home built Cadloader.........with tractor controls reversed.

Attachments

• AC small.jpg
    AC small.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 5,204
  • Loader1.jpg
    Loader1.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 3,333

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

Jim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Iangb!!!! Welcome to Net Tractor Talk. :thumb: :D I'm glad you found us.
Thanks for posting those pics. Very nice equipment you have there. :thumb:
I've never met anyone from Tasmania before. Nice to meet you m8!!!! :beer:

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Iangb . :wave: . Great pics & Nice lookin rig You have , I like the high loader as well , nice work . Bob

K

Kanook

:wave:Hello and welcome IANGB from TAZ. Post some more OZ piccies when you get the chance:letitsnow:

Supertiger

Iangb,
I own a articulated Carraro (Supertiger 7700 Tritrac (reversible)). I use it mainly for logging and snow removal. it is very agile on steep groung, due to its low center of gravity and very good weight distribution. I reach my own limits before the tractor... It is very powerfull for its size. Mine is a compact tractor with 64 hp... amazing what I can pull with it. It is until now very reliable.
Good luck with your futur acqusition.

Supertiger

K

Kanook

Carraro dealer

Supertiger....is there a dealer in the Montreal area? I can't seem to get a line on who sells these interesting tractors in my area. How does your machine work in its snow removal capacity. Do you have a blower or blade?:letitsnow:

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome bro'.

You say you grow berries ... what kind? I always though that berry growing was pretty labor intensive?

Those Carraro tractors always interested me but there's nobody down here who sells them. Pity.

Supertiger

The authorize dealer is in Rougemont (40 drive from south of Montreal). I have a snow plow and a blower respectively a Fisher plow 84'' and a Pronovost P740 blower(74''). I prefer to blow instead of pushing the snow. That way, it didn't pile-up. The machine is very capable on any groud condition. It has chain also. I have friends at my country place who own Kubota, John Deer and Ford, and they are no match with my beast. Of course we are not comparing apple with apple here. The price of the Carraro is almost twice but, this is it.
No other manufacturer in my erea were offering the features I was looking for, c.i.e.: reversibility, compact with a good power reserve, for equal wheels for rough terrain, etc. You can look for Pasquali or Valiant if there are represented where you live.
Regards,
Supertiger

Iangb

Welcome bro'.

You say you grow berries ... what kind? I always though that berry growing was pretty labor intensive?

Sorry for the delay in answering...........but it's picking/packing/freezing/cooking season.

I grow raspberries, blackberries, loganberries, redcurrants and blueberries. Only a couple of acres.....but that's heaps enough to keep me out of strife.
I process all of the fruit into jams.
Other than picking I'm able to handle it myself fairly easily.

Iangb

A couple more pictures.

Spraying under raspberries with the Yanmar and a spraydome.

The Ranger XP in the bush at the top of my property.

Attachments

• Spray dome1.jpg
    Spray dome1.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 3,116
  • XP2 small.jpg
    XP2 small.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 3,287

jwms

Pasquali and Ferrari where bought out by BSC but still being built. Very popular in Europe especially hill country. They can go where I would be afraid to take it. Rock solid. If you can get one, by all means do so. You will not regret it. If I sound biased, I have a Ferrari 85.