Would modiflying muffler void warranty

Bindian

My 6520's muffler tailpipe curves and points right at the FEL arm when the loader is all the way up. So my loader arm has black soot stains.:( I looked into turning the tailpipe to the right, but the muffler and tailpipe have a slot and dog ear so it can not be turned. I was thinking about cutting the tailpipe off at the curve and installing a clamp on rain cap.:ohmy: The kind that pivots open on start up and bounces open and closed at idle.:cool: Do you think this would void the warranty?:read::confused:
hugs, Brandi

Not sure Brandi. I'll play the 24/7 game. "That seems to be a dealer question":bangin: .

Worried about a little soot. You're not going Bill6 on us are you. :beer:

B

bczoom

I wouldn't think it would matter but it wouldn't hurt to check.

My tractor came with 2 pipes. I picked which was best for my usage.

Dougster

Old Member
My 6520's muffler tailpipe curves and points right at the FEL arm when the loader is all the way up. So my loader arm has black soot stains.:( I looked into turning the tailpipe to the right, but the muffler and tailpipe have a slot and dog ear so it can not be turned. I was thinking about cutting the tailpipe off at the curve and installing a clamp on rain cap.:ohmy: The kind that pivots open on start up and bounces open and closed at idle.:cool: Do you think this would void the warranty?:read::confused:
hugs, Brandi
Sounds like a question for Galen! :thumb: Common sense tells you that it shouldn't matter a hoot... but the extreme fine print in the warranty could possibly be used against you if there was ever an issue. Seems this is the case almost universally these days. :eek:

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
Not sure Brandi. I'll play the 24/7 game. "That seems to be a dealer question":bangin: .

Oh Brother!!! A lot of good you would do manning the 24/7 hotline!!! :rolleyes: ... although I see you have the standard response down pat!!! ;) Hope you are not thinking of moving to India anytime soon!!! :mrgreen:

Nothing wrong with Bill6 and the "Bill6 Standard" of excellence in tractor care and maintenance. At least we don't see Bill6 hanging beer kegs off the back of his tractor for, ahem, ballast... "wink, wink" !!! ;)

Dougster

Bindian

Ed,
Heavens no.:badidea::notthatway::no::hangingclothes: To borrow a term from Dougster.............It just looks too unprofessional. But when something just bugs me................I make it not bug me.:nuke:
hugs, Brandi

GLAWALL

Muffler modification

Brandi,
I am sure it wouldn't hurt the tractor any, and for sure if you were one of my customers that modification wouldn't have any effect on your warranty. I would certainly go to bat for you on that. I think it would be a good idea. Good luck and have fun!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Brandi, I would think that it would only effect your warranty if something broke after the change and the dealer attributed the breakage to the change. But I can't imagine how changing the direction at the tip of the muffler could hurt a thing. So, I'd change it to suit you.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Can you change it but keep the old parts so you can easily return it to the original config?

Bindian

Brandi,
I am sure it wouldn't hurt the tractor any, and for sure if you were one of my customers that modification wouldn't have any effect on your warranty. I would certainly go to bat for you on that. I think it would be a good idea. Good luck and have fun!

Glawall & Doc,
Thanks for the vote of confidence. ;)
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

Can you change it but keep the old parts so you can easily return it to the original config?
Jim,
Thanks! That is a wonderful idea.:Tip-Hat2:I can take it off of the muffler and take it to work and do a surgical sheetmetal mod to change it back quickly to stock!:applause:
hugs, Brandi

Archdean

Not on any brand that I am aware of because it is an external mod, same as adding a ROPS light bar!

But the rain cap blabbering up and down will drive you absolutely crazy!!! At least it does on my Antique Farmall B show tractor at low speed, looks cute but after a-while I wanted to wring it's neck, so in a parade I remove it!:forgetit:

Bindian

Not on any brand that I am aware of because it is an external mod, same as adding a ROPS light bar!

But the rain cap blabbering up and down will drive you absolutely crazy!!! At least it does on my Antique Farmall B show tractor at low speed, looks cute but after a-while I wanted to wring it's neck, so in a parade I remove it!:forgetit:
Archdean,
On my 6520, the muffler is under the hood with a dog ear to engage the slot on the exhaust stack. It clamps on with a u-bolt and the curved tailpipe had three bolts attaching it to the stack. I think I will take the stack off and clock (rotate where I want it) and cut a new slot. :thumb:
My Ford 3055 had a straight vertical muffler on it when I bought it............with a tin can on it while parked. It was fun to start it up and blow the can off, but it got old putting the can back on.:no: :forgetit::notthatway: I put a rain cap on it and loved the sound it made bouncing.;):smile: Kind of like rain on a tin roof.:cool: You either love it or hate it.:umbrella:
hugs, Brandi

SPYDERLK

hugs, Brandi

Hi here, Brandi, and all. - - I just ground the dog ear off and turned mine. I also cut off some of the curve at the top - sliced at an inward angle to still effectively exclude rain. For me this gets the exhaust exiting more straight up and lessens fumes. Also less for branches to hook on. I also took off the heat shield to limit the overhung weight vibrating against the muffler. Cant imagine any warranty impact.
larry​

Bindian

Hi here, Brandi, and all. - - I just ground the dog ear off and turned mine. I also cut off some of the curve at the top - sliced at an inward angle to still effectively exclude rain. For me this gets the exhaust exiting more straight up and lessens fumes. Also less for branches to hook on. I also took off the heat shield to limit the overhung weight vibrating against the muffler. Cant imagine any warranty impact.
larry​
Larry,
That will be easier to do. :thumb:
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

larry​
Larry,
I mentioned this to Tim (@Mahindra) and he said go ahead and cut the dog ear off.:thumb:
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Larry,
I mentioned this to Tim (@Mahindra) and he said go ahead and cut the dog ear off.:thumb:
hugs, Brandi
Hmmmmmm. :rolleyes: Am I detecting some possible special treatment here for their future executive vice president and national spokesperson??? :thumb:

Dougster